New 300 Series Company Car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
Swapped the 2016 for a 2022. Haven't drive it very far yet but it has a lot more power/acceleration than the 2018 200 series that I have in Riyadh. This one is at our plant area which is several hours away from Riyadh (thus the two).

4F23C28B-9EE5-4DFB-8AF6-A34932BA2EF9.jpeg

08BC4460-29BF-430E-BD15-588A81D8C442.jpeg

3A1FACCE-08C3-4667-BD95-3BA18AED1D88.jpeg

I really dislike this variant with the horrible low hanging front/rear bumper and integrated running boards. If you ever decide to take this version off-road you will rip the front bumper and rear bumper.
This is what happens when you go off-roading in this variant with 24 degree approach angle and lower departure angle.

How it starts:

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 16.50.47.png

How it will go:

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 16.53.18.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 16.53.27.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 16.52.13.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 16.58.25.png

Every generation since the 80-series the approach angle just kept getting worse. How is it possible that Jeep Wrangle, Ford Bronco and Defender all have great approach/departure angle but meanwhile Toyota keeps ignoring this. Let's not even begin with ground clearance because the 80-series had 10,8 inches of minimum ground clearance. The 300-series had 9,2 inches of minimum ground clearance.

I really dislike this variant with the horrible low hanging front/rear bumper and integrated running boards. If you ever decide to take this version off-road you will rip the front bumper and rear bumper.
This is what happens when you go off-roading in this variant with 24 degree approach angle and lower departure angle.

Every generation since the 80-series the approach angle just kept getting worse. How is it possible that Jeep Wrangle, Ford Bronco and Defender all have great approach/departure angle but meanwhile Toyota keeps ignoring this. Let's not even begin with ground clearance because the 80-series had 10,8 inches of minimum ground clearance. The 300-series had 9,2 inches of minimum ground clearance.
Doubt this one will ever see any real off-road driving. I ripped the front air damn off the front of my 200 series twice in the dunes when I first got it so I know exactly what you're talking about. This new 300 series is nice but I honestly wouldn't trade it for my new Navigator Reserve.

That’s like using a Porsche to plow a field (to coin a phrase)

How it starts:

View attachment 2993440

How it will go:

View attachment 2993449View attachment 2993455
View attachment 2993468
View attachment 2993469

They say they know what their customer base does with their vehicles, yet they design s*** like this. It's hard to understand.

They say they know what their customer base does with their vehicles, yet they design s*** like this. It's hard to understand.
You assume you are their target customer for this trim. I very much doubt the enthusiast offroader is even on the marketing team’s radar.

You assume you are their target customer for this trim. I very much doubt the enthusiast offroader is even on the marketing team’s radar.
I don't need to make that assumption to conclude that toyota designing, building, and selling a 4x4 with low range, crawl control, multi terrain select but giving dismal ground clearance and approach/departure angles is hard to understand. What exactly is on their radar, might be the question.

It’s a vehicle designed for slippery/icy ROADS. Just because it has 4WD and crawl control doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the intended to be driven OFF road.
When you look at the low hung design- it’s clear to almost anyone that it’s not really an off-road vehicle in the traditional sense.

What exactly is on their radar, might be the question.
Soccer moms that might have to get in deep gravel parking lots from time to time. Seriously though, they haven't sold a Land Cruiser in the US since 1997.

It’s a vehicle designed for slippery/icy ROADS. Just because it has 4WD and crawl control doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the intended to be driven OFF road.
When you look at the low hung design- it’s clear to almost anyone that it’s not really an off-road vehicle in the traditional sense.

No, that's what you're saying it is, that's not what Lexus is saying it is or intended for.

"yet its tried-and-tested off-road specifications and equipment have taken it beyond the pavement in more than 50 countries and regions around the globe. "
"More refined vehicle control in both on-road and off-road situations is enabled by the new Electronically Controlled Brake (ECB) system and Electric Power Steering (EPS)."
"To achieve both a high level of off-road driving performance and on-road handling stability....which is an important factor for off-road driving performance, .....to help achieve both exceptional on and off-road driving performance."
"making it easier to handle not only during on-road driving but also during off-road driving, which can require frequent use in the low-speed range."
"An oil pan guard is installed to the lower body of the automatic transmission, which has been designed for off-road performance, to help reduce the risk of oil pan damage due to unplanned hits to the underfloor that might occur when conquering rocky roads."
" Furthermore, the introduction of various advanced technologies that support off-road driving, such as a Multi-Terrain Monitor (MTM) and the LX’s first dual display, enables the new LX to be driven with a greater sense of confidence in harsh environments."
" to provide both high-level performance on rough terrain and a spacious interior. The ground obstacle angles (approach angle, departure angle and ramp break angle), maximum stable inclination angle of 44 degrees, climbing ability of 45 degrees and maximum river crossing performance of 700 mm/27.5 in. are maintained at the same level as the previous model."
"which allows the driver to select from six modes – Auto, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Deep Snow and Rock – to support off-road driving conditions."

Have you seen the main ad video?

There are a few off-road oriented models (no aero bodykit bits, 18" metal wheels, winch, metal sidesteps, rear diff-lock). The one OP has is with the aero kit and larger wheels

There are a few off-road oriented models (no aero bodykit bits, 18" metal wheels, winch, metal sidesteps, rear diff-lock). The one OP has is with the aero kit and larger wheels

But those are also the 4.0L V6 versions and not the 3.5L TT, so they are able to reduce the front bumper by alot, the 3.5TT has those two intercoolers mounted sooooo low down its hard to make a better approach angle. I'm currently working on a kit to relocated them much high on some of my armored trucks but since I change the body I can but it wont work on the OEM grill.
Here in the middle east (UAE) majority of them are not used for major "off-road" but as family cars/suv. And overall sales keeps going down with the Nissan Y61 and Y62 being more value for money. The Y62 for example we get in the 300hp, 400hp, and 480hp and all come in under the price of the TLC.

I don't need to make that assumption to conclude that toyota designing, building, and selling a 4x4 with low range, crawl control, multi terrain select but giving dismal ground clearance and approach/departure angles is hard to understand. What exactly is on their radar, might be the question.

It's pretty obvious IMO: well-off people that value quality and reliability, who may occasionally want to go down an average forest service road to take the kids fishing or canoeing, and need to have the ability to get over the occasional, unexpected obstacle and safely get their family back home.

It sure as heck is not the same "radar" as used by Chrysler when selling their disposable Rubicons.

But those are also the 4.0L V6 versions and not the 3.5L TT, so they are able to reduce the front bumper by alot, the 3.5TT has those two intercoolers mounted sooooo low down its hard to make a better approach angle. I'm currently working on a kit to relocated them much high on some of my armored trucks but since I change the body I can but it wont work on the OEM grill.
From what I am reading about the LX600......it has a single top water to air mounted intercooler and not the twin corner ones. Can anyone confirm or deny this???

Seems like you could trim back the bumper quit a bit then if they aren't down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom