New 2F Exhaust/Smog Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DrRock

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello Mud,
I will be installing a complete exhaust from @OTRAMM soon and have a question regarding the Smog. My engine currently has all the Smog components installed. On the exhaust that is coming, there is no j pipe. Is there a short term solution to run the tube going to the EGR pump somewhere else or will I just need to perform a complete desmog?

Not sure what you're saying... The rear exhaust horn (on the manifold you're getting) does NOT have the opening for the J-pipe?

There is no EGR pump - You mean Smog Pump? If yes, it's a separate system.

If the Exhaust horn has the opening for the EGR J-tube you can get a block off plate from FJ40Jim as well as the rest of the desmog stuff. If you can do a desmog, now is prolly a good time to do it.

The Otramm system is for a 3FE so it’s a completely different setup than the 2f. I don’t remember how the 3Fe is setup. However air injection should still work and the EGR has a port on the front exhaust manifold iirc.

Our exhaust won't affect the EGR on the 60. It's the smog pump pipe that it's lacking. Easiest solution on the smog pump side is to use one of @FJ40Jim smog pump delete kits. I built the fixture so it locates the factory smog pump pipe if it's sent to me. I just don't have any "cores" or an easy way to reproduce the threaded end.

Good Morning Gentlemen, Yes, I meant the smog pump. Just trying to get up to speed with all the smog system nomenclature. I'll be doing the smog pup delete and full desmog. That said, what I'm looking to do is get the exhaust installed ASAP as I have a bad exhaust leak and wanted to be able to drive until I get all the parts together for a proper de-smog.

Let me know what options are, if any.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers, James

@DrRock just to confirm.....do have the 3fe exhaust manifolds to install?

you question is NOT a simple one. Many threads here regarding de-smog, partial de-smog. Here are some:

go here and download the 81' 2f emissions control FSM: For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price. | IH8MUD Forum for component nomenclature and better understanding of the subsystems.

@DrRock just to confirm.....do have the 3fe exhaust manifolds to install?
Hello Seth, no. I purchased a 2F exhaust from OTRAMM as he just started making those too. This way I keep all my other 2F parts stock as it were.

cheers, James

you question is NOT a simple one. Many threads here regarding de-smog, partial de-smog. Here are some:

go here and download the 81' 2f emissions control FSM: For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price. | IH8MUD Forum for component nomenclature and better understanding of the subsystems.
Hello G Man, thanks for the detailed information! Cheers, James

Hello Seth, no. I purchased a 2F exhaust from OTRAMM as he just started making those too. This way I keep all my other 2F parts stock as it were.

cheers, James

Ok cool. didnt know he started making 2F systems and was worried you were going to have a problem on the install.

Post up some pics of that exhaust when you get it all finished up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom