New 2006 LX Owner - Son’s first ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have him dump some of his own blood, sweat, tears, and MONEY into it. Value and caring for it will probably pop up immediately.

Skin in the game, as they say.
Absolutely, great points, thank you!

Great first vehicle! I know from experience (my LX is my first truck as well). Definitively recommend some small projects to help not only your father son bond, but also gives your son a sense of pride. These trucks are bulletproof, and absolutely stand up to teenager abuse. The large size is sometimes annoying (that's where off road armor comes in. It's saved me multiple parking lot dings).

Nice to see another first car being an 06 LX, had to pay for mine on my own, and being 19 it really forces me to put in some hands on work to save on cash. But I love my rig and the one before it so it has all been worth it for me. Like someone mentioned having skin in the game will really change things, don't really abuse my cruisers since I have to pay for it all. Looking forward to seeing yall around the forum!

Great first vehicle! I know from experience (my LX is my first truck as well). Definitively recommend some small projects to help not only your father son bond, but also gives your son a sense of pride. These trucks are bulletproof, and absolutely stand up to teenager abuse. The large size is sometimes annoying (that's where off road armor comes in. It's saved me multiple parking lot dings).
Great ideas and advise, thank you!

You may soon find yourself hoping he screws something up so you can take the 100 back for yourself.

...Nobody else's parents did that?

No, I already had my LX, but I may have threatened to turn my son's LC into my new "duck hunting truck" a few times, when he got out of line.

I’ve looked but what about a front license plate holder for this 2006?

How cool that you are doing this with your Son.

I suspect the best part will be the time you spend teaching him, and making it your own. Enjoy!

Well got new shoes and new front tint

1D0ED28C-A147-4155-BBC5-5905E25B1D94.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom