New 2006 LC Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, I finally got myself a 100 series a few days ago after many months of hunting. I will also use this thread to track the car build.

I’m moving from a trouble/leak free 2007 Tacoma TRD OR, owned since 2010, to the LC. The Taco was built out pretty well, Elite OR bumper/BAMF weld on sliders/OME suspension/Snugtop/High Angle Driveline driveshaft, SPC Adj UCA’s, LightWerks Retrofit headlights, and 179k miles.

Just took delivery of a 2006 Land Cruiser, Thunder Cloud Metallic/Ash, Oct 2005 build date. It was a CA LC for most of its life. Then it came to TX in 2017 with the new owner. Non AHC LC and the frame is completely rust free, which were the two things I was looking for. Serviced at Toyota until it came to Austin in Sept of 2017. Services in Austin were performed at two shops that appear to have a good reputation.
  • 169k miles on the odometer
  • Brakes and rotors, Spark Plugs, Valve Cover Gaskets done at 154k
  • Tranny/Diff Oil done at 131k
  • Great tread on the Michelin Defender tires
  • 5K BASIC V8, *TIMING BELT REPLACE, *WATER PUMP REPLACE, R&R TIRES, MULTI POINT INSP.,
    *ENGINE, SHOCKS FRT BOTH REPL, *RPL AIR FILTER, SPARK PLUGS, *THERMOSTAT/GASKET,
    REPL P/STEER LINE, *BELTS REPLACE, CAMPAIGNS/RECALLS, CAMPAIGNS/RECALLS at 126K, but in Jan of 2017

What's bad with the vehicle…

• Paint/Clear issues on hood/roof/passenger front fender
  • Attached from the post purchase inspection. I looked at it, and spoke with the tech, before they brought it down from the lift. Everything is pretty much boots/ball joints. PS leak looks like a hose/tube leak, but they want to replace the pump too.
  • I’ll replace the uppers with SPC UCA’s and replace the bushings/ball joints that are needed. I’ll probably just replace the PS hoses and see if that will take care of the PS leak.
  • Has the damn NAV system too…lol

Look forward to learning more from this group as I already have absorbed tons of info from the threads. Thanks so much!
P.S……Thanks bkmatty , I stole your intro and used it as the template for my new LC. XOXOXO

IMG_4482 Medium.jpeg

IMG_4483 Medium.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. I recently bought an 06 with similar miles. I added the BT45 module and turned off the nav. Hope you enjoy.

I just removed the upside down ones. You may want to block out your personal info. Welcome to the forum.
I just removed the upside down ones. You may want to block out your personal info. Welcome to the forum.
Another screw up, I've got the redacted ones. Is there no way to edit our own posts? Sorry, coming over from being at TW for a decade+

Congrats. I recently bought an 06 with similar miles. I added the BT45 module and turned off the nav. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks!

I've already been making the list for the delete parts. I have a HELIX P SIX DSP MK2 to run HAT L8SE mid bass/HAT L4SE's active for the front stage, haven't decided on sub yet. I've gotta dump the NAV set up, already driving me nuts, I've got a Kenwood Excelon DDX9904S that I'm going to try and squeeze into the dash.

Welcome! I’m sure my 05 needs all new bushings and ball joints too. I don’t see any records of them being done and she’s 240k on the clock. Probably needs new springs/shocks/torsion bars as well. She’s tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom