New 200 series LX570 owner. Super excited!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ga12r1

The "triple locked" troll himself...
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisersontherocks.com
Today I finally brought home a new to me 2010 LX570. Its a 1 owner GA truck with 120k miles. It has been serviced every 5k at a Lexus dealership. It’s exceptionally clean inside and out.

I’m loving it so far. It’s so awesome to drive. Like a super responsive bank vault going down the highway!

My 2000 LX470 is my trail vehicle so I plan to use the 570 as a daily driver and road trip vehicle. Im not ashamed to say I don’t plan to do anything off-road but will probably do a sensor lift and AT tires just for looks.

I have been trying to search for info regarding tire sizes. Seems like there isn’t quite as much info on the LX as there is on the LC. I know everything I need to know is on this board but it gets fatigueing/brain-numbing after a while.

I ran a 305/65/18 ko2 on the 06 TLC I traded in on this 570 and really like that width. I was thinking if I kept the 20s i might try the 305/55/20. After all of the reading I’m still unclear if I can run this on the factory 20s without a spacer? Or maybe a 295/60/20. I read some guys use 3/4 spacers and that doesn’t seem to bad if that would do it, but I’d rather not if I can get away with it.

I’m excited to now be a part of the 200 series community and I look forward to learning from you guys!

43A0727B-D91E-409A-A30A-4C1AEF976180.jpeg

Congratulations on the new addition to the stable. Didn't go far I see. Such is the cruiser life. Once you get one, hard to get anything else.

In regards to tires, the LX can literally run any size the LC guys can. It's the same exact suspension geometry, stroke, etc. With the exception that we have a little more leeway as we don't have to deal with the KDSS sway bar interference.

I run a 305/55/20 on my rig. Can't be done without a spacer as there will be width clearance issues against the upper control arm. I do not believe a 295/60/20 can be run either without spacers on account of the same things.

I don't like spacers in general, but with some consideration, it can absolutely be run safely. It also has the additional benefit in that it optimizes the scrub radius geometry for larger diameter tires, improves cornering stability with a lifted rig, and keeps terrain farter off the side of the body as the wheels aren't as inset. Win, win, win in my book. I've towed to just about max GVWR and GCWR with my setup and 1" spacers. No issues to speak of. The Bruiser handles better than it has any business to.

Congratulations on the new addition to the stable. Didn't go far I see. Such is the cruiser life. Once you get one, hard to get anything else.

In regards to tires, the LX can literally run any size the LC guys can. It's the same exact suspension geometry, stroke, etc. With the exception that we have a little more leeway as we don't have to deal with the KDSS sway bar interference.

I run a 305/55/20 on my rig. Can't be done without a spacer as there will be width clearance issues against the upper control arm. I do not believe a 295/60/20 can be run either without spacers on account of the same things.

I don't like spacers in general, but with some consideration, it can absolutely be run safely. It also has the additional benefit in that it optimizes the scrub radius geometry for larger diameter tires, improves cornering stability with a lifted rig, and keeps terrain farter off the side of the body as the wheels aren't as inset. Win, win, win in my book. I've towed to just about max GVWR and GCWR with my setup and 1" spacers. No issues to speak of. The Bruiser handles better than it has any business to.
Thanks for the input:) If I need to run spacers I don’t have a problem with it. I was just hoping to simplify things(and save a little money). Looks like most guys are running Bora spacers? I think the Bora’s are priced lower then the 1.25” spidertrax I had to have for my 470. So maybe not as pricey as I originally thought.

Congratz, nice looking LX. I'm guessing the 200 is going to be your DD?

Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the truck?

I’m on 275/55 r20 on my 13 LX570 all stock. I don’t thing you can go any larger on a stock set up. If I fully turn the wheel on the low setting I get some tire rub.

Congratz, nice looking LX. I'm guessing the 200 is going to be your DD?

Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the truck?
Well, the Lexus Dealer had it listed for 32k and I got a better deal then that. Ive been lookin and It’s hard to find a 1 owner southern rig with ALL scheduled/recommended service done and documented through Lexus. I called about this one the morning it hit autotrader, before there was even pictures and pricing listed. The interior looks new:

40D3EA2C-AEBB-4E1D-B389-A91B6EB7DC55.jpeg

Congrats on the purchase! Same color as mine. I think pre 2012 LXs look the best and are the best value.

Congrats on the purchase! Same color as mine. I think pre 2012 LXs look the best and are the best value.

I agree. The current grills seem monstrous on the LX, and the current 8 speed transmissions seem troublesome.

Buy a 100k mile 2008-2012LK, and let someone take the deprecation hit. Nothing like getting a $90k SUV for mid $30k, as these trucks are built to last pretty much forever. OP found a good one.

I agree. The current grills seem monstrous on the LX, and the current 8 speed transmissions seem troublesome.

Buy a 100k mile 2008-2012LK, and let someone take the deprecation hit. Nothing like getting a $90k SUV for mid $30k, as these trucks are built to last pretty much forever. OP found a good one.

There are some nice upgrades on the 2013-2015 LX’s. Heated steering wheel, updated gauge cluster, adaptive xenon headlights.

Those are valuable and useful upgrades in a place like Alaska where it’s gets dark and a little cold. :)

There are some nice upgrades on the 2013-2015 LX’s. Heated steering wheel, updated gauge cluster, adaptive xenon headlights.

Those are valuable and useful upgrades in a place like Alaska where it’s gets dark and a little cold. :)

I totally forgot about those options. Yes, I would like to have the heating steering wheel and xenon headlights. In Seattle it's been getting down to the 20s/30s F in the winter. And the halogens stink. I'm getting jealous here ;)

6E03591C-F76A-4A99-9BFA-0FFFF9B254A8.png
Today I finally brought home a new to me 2010 LX570. Its a 1 owner GA truck with 120k miles. It has been serviced every 5k at a Lexus dealership. It’s exceptionally clean inside and out.

I’m loving it so far. It’s so awesome to drive. Like a super responsive bank vault going down the highway!

My 2000 LX470 is my trail vehicle so I plan to use the 570 as a daily driver and road trip vehicle. Im not ashamed to say I don’t plan to do anything off-road but will probably do a sensor lift and AT tires just for looks.

I have been trying to search for info regarding tire sizes. Seems like there isn’t quite as much info on the LX as there is on the LC. I know everything I need to know is on this board but it gets fatigueing/brain-numbing after a while.

I ran a 305/65/18 ko2 on the 06 TLC I traded in on this 570 and really like that width. I was thinking if I kept the 20s i might try the 305/55/20. After all of the reading I’m still unclear if I can run this on the factory 20s without a spacer? Or maybe a 295/60/20. I read some guys use 3/4 spacers and that doesn’t seem to bad if that would do it, but I’d rather not if I can get away with it.

I’m excited to now be a part of the 200 series community and I look forward to learning from you guys!

View attachment 1787282

I’m running to 285 5520 BFG AT/KO2’s on my 2015 LX 570 if you do the research you will see 285 5520s the tread width is actually about the exact same as the 305- 5520 I’m not saying section width i’m Saying thread width. No rubbing no scrubbing should be the OEM tire for this body on frame SUV it’s D rated truck tire weighs about 53 or 54 pounds handles well

Last edited:
So now I’m thinking about a 275/65/20 KO2. After looking at photos of @mcgaskins rig I’m thinking that might be the route I want to go. Looks like I could do that without spacers and just minor mods. Any thoughts?

Actually the heated steering wheel comes in 2011 LX570, I have it in my 2011. Yes it is very nice in cold weather.

Well I just pulled the trigger on a set of 285/60/20 Cooper AT3 XLTs. I'm scheduled to have them installed Monday. I will post up some pics when i get them on.

I did the front sensor lift last week and then had an alignment done. It looks so much better leveled. I'm loving the 570 more and more every time I drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom