New 1995 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ73 Owner (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

99.9% Final....Tons of Pics In This Link

4iy6HS4.jpg

334kwEl.jpg

0kjFSjt.jpg

YmLBhO3.jpg

CfULzuc.jpg

oBDO0Kq.jpg

ZIHeKQN.jpg

z2ddfWE.jpg

khevZG6.jpg

1LGWY2p.jpg

Dang....should have PMd me !!! I’d love to have met up

Dang....should have PMd me !!! I’d love to have met up
Sorry, an oversight on my behalf. I invite you to join Red Hills Land Cruiser Club and you’ll automatically be on our mailing list. 😀

Last edited:
added a rear tie down / recovery point......red of course!!!!

dPpvoiJ.jpg

C4Na0XP.jpg

NAFWA0h.jpg

Last edited:
Was really thinking on it this weekend about getting a little more clearance on my LC. Looking to get just 1-2” , more for looks than actual use.

I know OME, Dobinsons, and Ironman 4x4 all make a 2” lift for the 70 Series ranging from $1200 to $1800 depending on options. Luckily I have a great local ARB dealer for the OME kit if I decide to go that option.

I also see where some get 1” with just a shackle lift but that type of lift may effect your ride but is of course a much cheaper option. Again this lift will be for looks as mine is really a weekend cruiser.

Any thoughts or suggestions or any options I might have missed.

thanks
MM

Got my original carb back from JimC that he rebuilt. I was considering leaving my China carb on there as it was doing a great job, but my OCD got the best of me and I wanted the factory one back on. Jim C did a great job. The carb Idles, runs, drive fantastic. My AC idle up was also spot on. I highly recommend him for any carb work you might need.

fAYKsaM.jpg

Last edited:
My next mission is figuring out why my 2 center vents don’t blow air.....AC or heat..... the 2 outside vents by the windows work perfectly. I looked when I removed the radio and the center one are hooked up as far a tubing goes.

The control levers that control the air flow from the defrost to vent to floor works on all the other locations correctly but I’m guessing that some sort of cable or lever isn’t working on the 2 center ones and it’s in the closed position.

any experts or ideas on what to look for or where to start on this.

Hello,

Lever links and/or cables may be either obstructed or in need of lubrication.

You have to take the center dash apart, clean and lubricate.

Juan

As far as center dash ..... are the cables/levers accessible from the top after removing the radio or do you need to remove the AC control panel to get to them ?

can Anyone point to a thread that might address this process.

thanks

Hello,

Top from the radio gives you only so much access. The AC control panel needs to go out entirely.

In a nutshell:
  1. Remove the radio bezel.
  2. Remove the radio.
  3. Remove the vent duct right of the radio
  4. Remove the center panel. Disconnect clock, lighter and switches.
  5. Remove the AC control panel.
  6. Remove the heater controls.
  7. Remove the lower dash bulkhead.
  8. Remove lower left duct.
  9. Remove lower right duct.
  10. Remove the instrument panel cover.
  11. Remove the vent duct left of the radio,
  12. Remove the center heater duct cover.
  13. Clean the exposed ducts.
  14. Check the heater radiator for leaks.
  15. Check the condition of the sponge seals and replace as necessary.
  16. Check the control louver on the left side. Lubricate it.
  17. Lubricate the heater controls.
  18. Check the louver's movement when you operate the heater controls. Clean and lubricate as necessary.
  19. Assemble in the reverse order.
  20. Optional: remove the blower motor and clean it. You are in the neighborhood anyway.

Juan

Last edited:
Wow!!!!! Thanks for scaring the crap out of me !!!! Lol

So tore into her this AM..... found the culprit . The threaded piece had popped out of the holder which controls the upper vents. This is located on the drivers side floorboard by the accelerator pedal. ( up under the dash)

Simple damn fix which had I looked hard enough before going in, and knew what to look for, I could have fixed it in 2 minutes.

thanks for you help Juan!!! It did get me inside to lube everything and do a little spring cleaning.

ASO

kJSqa5S.jpg

I final got tired of the Colombian 15x7 wheels as I could never really get them balanced plus I was running a 1” spacer to get the outside the fender well some. Trying to find 15x8 with a 3.50 BS is near impossible!!!

I final ordered a custom set of steel wheels from Summit made by US wheel. I got their 15x8 D windows and had them made with a 3.50” backspacing and they powder coated them. These run and balance perfect and have the same look as far as stance as my old ones with the spacers. Very happy with the outcome.

IU9UFZy.jpg

uDUlCNt.jpg
wBRwo2G.jpg

oDD9wUT.jpg

N7RbCL0.jpg

0YdMF4X.jpg

ONTEDmh.jpg
FGse4lX.jpg
FFxGFCo.jpg
VLx2pnL.jpg
YNPxqAh.jpg
5BqSCMS.jpg
VUeVLKE.jpg

Wow. Those wheels look sharp on your cruiser. Generally not a fan of the deep dish look but in your case, it looks proper and functional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom