New 150A Alternator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What am I doing wrong here? I'm stuck, I've got the old alt out but with the new 150 I can't get it into place. Did the others that did this upgrade have to remove the fan shroud, radiator pipe or ignition rotor?

Thanks in advance,

monkd

5504077470_55e984e437.jpg

Where exactly are you having fitment issues?
I also have a 96 and don't remember taking anything out but the battery tray.

Should have put that in the original post. Sorry! I can't get the alternator beyond the silver pipe. Every angle seems to be blocked by the pipe somehow. Sorry the terrible nomenclature, I can't figure out what the pipe is called.

monkd

I'm pretty sure i loosened the power steering reservoir from its mount and slid the alternator in from behind that metal pipe.

ok, thanks! I'll give that a try. I loosened it up but, I didn't try to come in from that angle.

Thanks,

monkd

I didn't remove anything, try to come in more from the right. Just in front of the intake plenum. i wasn't anywhere near the radiator shroud.

Thanks guys! Got it to the point where I getting it in the top bolt mount. Now just working on getting it wiggled into place. Thanks for the quick response!

monkd

Tapping the top mounting bushing out a little will save you a lot of wiggling if you haven't done it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom