New 100 Series Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All! Long time viewer, first time owner of a Land Cruiser. I picked up a 2001 100 Series with 170K miles the other week. Looking forward to rebuilding it and being able to enjoy it. It currently

Currently:
  • 2.5" OME Lift
  • 315/75/16 tires
  • Replaced speakers w/ JBL Speakers
Plans:
  • Install a Diff Drop
  • New Tires (looking for recommendations) - I was told I should go 285/75/16
  • Roof Rack
  • RigD Ultra Swing
  • Interior Drawer System
  • So much more :)

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

Nice. I also recently bought into an LC. I think the first thing you should do is get the maintenance up to date before upgrading stuff.
Agreed. 170,000 miles isn't much, but there will be some expense in getting everything refreshed and good. I'd drive it as-is for a while before dumping cash into add-ons, as tempting as they are.

Heater "T" is priority!

That thing looks awesome with the lift and 315s. I would try to find out how many miles it has with that set up. Considering it didn't have the diff drop. Check out those CVs.

That's a cool 100 right there. I like those huge tires. .....and the 911 in the background of that dealer lot. :)

285/75/16 tires would be much more mild than those massive things you have now. I presume there are some spacers on those wheels now? If the previous owner got the 315s to fit properly, I'd keep rocking that size. If you want a slight decrease in aggressiveness on the tire, consider Nitto Ridge Grappler. I like mine quite a bit.

Interior Drawer System: I know a company that makes some cool stuff. :cool:

Welcome and enjoy!

Nice Hundy!

Look up, "Baselining" and compare that list to any recent work done on the truck- Timing Belt, etc.. Take the time to learn how to do these things yourself and save a TON of money.

I have basically the same set up on my 2000. Your torsion bars looks really cranked up which is a pretty severe drop for the CV's. Might want to drop them just a little to save those CV's. I'm sticking with my 315's and switched the BFG KO2's. I love 'em and the ride is great and noise is non existent. Nice looking ride you got!! Make sure your drive shafts are greased!! Very neglected maintenance on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom