New 100 Series Owner in AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What’s up, guys? Just became a 100 series owner last month. 2007 Lexus LX 470.

Ive mainly looked around the 100 series cruiser forums and made a couple of posts there, but it’s nice to see this forum here considering I’m in the Tuscaloosa area.

I like taking very good care of my vehicles and while I can do small things here and there myself, I like someone with more experience to do the heavier jobs.

That being said, and I’m sure this question has come up a lot here so my apologies, but can you recommend someone who I can go see in the Tuscaloosa area who can keep this thing running well for a long time?

I’ve had some simple things done at Lexus Dealership in Bham and Toyota dealership in Tuscaloosa, but when it comes to stuff like maintaining the AHC and knowing how to work on it and what to work on/look for, I want to make sure my vehicle is in good hands.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

What’s up, guys? Just became a 100 series owner last month. 2007 Lexus LX 470.

Ive mainly looked around the 100 series cruiser forums and made a couple of posts there, but it’s nice to see this forum here considering I’m in the Tuscaloosa area.

I like taking very good care of my vehicles and while I can do small things here and there myself, I like someone with more experience to do the heavier jobs.

That being said, and I’m sure this question has come up a lot here so my apologies, but can you recommend someone who I can go see in the Tuscaloosa area who can keep this thing running well for a long time?

I’ve had some simple things done at Lexus Dealership in Bham and Toyota dealership in Tuscaloosa, but when it comes to stuff like maintaining the AHC and knowing how to work on it and what to work on/look for, I want to make sure my vehicle is in good hands.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome, glad you found our Clubhouse. Most of us are in Bham, but I know Clay @TachedOutOffRoad knows a bunch of Cruiser guys in Tuscaloosa and he has a shop himself. Let's see if he has any ideas for you.

Also @Betty100LC works at Tuscaloosa Toyota.

Btw, you got to post up a pic of your new ride...

I appreciate the reply and the tags for folks who may know something.

I’m not an off-roader at all. Just crazy about the beauty, quality, durability and longevity of these vehicles. This truck is in great shape and I was really excited to get the latest model. Excited to be a part of the 100 series owner club. I’ve learned a lot and I hope to continue to learn.

I will gladly post a pic.

2007 Lexus LX 470
144,000 miles
Timing belt done at 99K in 2017
Best part is I got this thing for $14K. I couldn’t believe it

Since I’ve had it for about a month now:
Bought new tires
Replaced heater Ts
Replaced overhead console that had Lexus Link with the overhead console that has a sunglasses holder

7F7D5BD1-8FED-401B-9142-7C5880AFEC7E.jpeg

Pretty truck. Price is nice too. A lot of people would look at a 140k mile SUV and go... "uhhhhhh, it's pretty miled up, better trade it away." My 99's got 230k miles on it, and aside from some suspension stuff that needs replacement/ refreshing (this winter's project, in the garage...) its running great. I was astounded when I went to go open up all the refill caps, etc., to find... nothing. With old cars you usually see some carbon buildup, some kind of funky old dirt, some weird smell... something. Nnope. :)

Welcome to the page- enjoy Tuscaloosa, too. I did my years there at the turn of the century (lol) and it was a lot of fun. Still many warm feelings for that place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom