New '03 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been doing my research on this here on Mud for several years hoping to one day own the best vehicle made:D . A week ago today I picked up a 2003 Landcruiser with around 91,000 miles from north Texas. I am the third owner and Carfax checked out clean as far as accidents go. The maintenance records are slim but I found the previous owners personal notes for oil changes. So far far all I have done is remove the running boards, changed the oil (Mobil 1 with Toyota factory filter), and I have Leatherique working its magic as I write this. An ARB combo bar is ordered and will hopefully be installed sometime the week after next. Also have all parts ordered from CDan for the 90K service and front wheel bearing repacks, and starter contacts. Tires should last till the end of summer (hopefully) as we are trying to save a little $ as the :princess: is expecting in October. It appears to be in great condition and I am finding VIN stickers everywhere so it doesn't appear to have any aftermarket sheetmetal on it. Will try and post some pics. If this works I will add after running board pics...

Last edited:
Congrats!! Welcome to the club. Never be the same...

It's not letting me post any more pics, I will try one more time but I may be out of luck.

My favorite color. Welcome!

It's a great baby hauler. You will catch some flak from the Ms. with those running boards off when she goes to load the kid though (unless she's tall). Tell her it's good exercise then promptly duck before she makes contact.

I like the back of the LC, you can change diapers there easy.

Nice find - that's the color I was looking for, but settled for an 03 in Thunder Gray with 89k miles. I'm sure you'll be as happy with yours as I have been with mine.

Thanks all, So far we really like it and are glad to be part of the Cruiser family. As far as the running boards go the wife says she like it better without them...

Feel like I got a good deal on it, paid $20,500 for it.

You definitely did well - I paid $23k from a dealer.

Congrats on your purchase and also for the baby! :cheers:

You definitely did well - I paid $23k from a dealer.

I wanted that color or river rock green color myself...Just curious after owning your Thunder Cloud, how do you the color now. I felt I settled too for the Thunder Cloud too when I bought it. I looked at is as more silver than gold...Thats how I justified it.

The Thunder Cloud is growing on me. But I just really like the looks of gray. Having said that, I was most interested in everything being in good mechanical shape. I still prefer gray, but the Thunder Cloud is an acceptable second choice in my eyes. Probably would go with green next, followed by white. Nearly every vehicle I've ever owned has been black and I'm getting tired of black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom