Never Used Alcan FJ40 Springs, and Detroit Hysteer axle in CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Front and rear Alcan spring set for sale. Asking $450 for the set. Never used. These were custom built in March 2003 to the following specifications:

Front Spring Packs:
-overall length = 48" measured along curvature of spring
-center of front eye to center pin = 24"
-center pin to rear eye center = 24"
-8 leaves
-designed for spring over conversion
-designed for rock crawling and flexible with anti wrap leaf
-military wrap ends (double)
-spring rates tailored to small block chevy weight + winch+ 50 lbs bumper

Rear Spring Packs
-overall length = 49" measured along curvature of spring
-center of front eye to center pin = 23"
-center pin to rear eye center = 26"
-7 leaves
-designed for spring over conversion
-designed for rock crawling and flexible with anti wrap leaf
-military wrap ends (double)
-spring rates tailored to weight equivalent of soft top, passenger, and additional 150lbs +/- gear.

These springs as you know are manufactured in Grand Junction, CO (check out Alcan Spring's Website if unfamiliar)

When set up on my rig, they pushed my rear wheels back 3" and my front wheels forward 4" for a wheelbase of 97" versus the stock 90" wheelbase.

Total lift is perfect to clear 35" tires and maybe 37" tires with some rear fender trimming according to a buddies rig with similar setup.

Also have fabbed front bumper/spring relocator/ hanger I made to hang the front springs. It requires removal of all existing front bumper, and shackles as this also provides a shackle reversal setup. It is a bolt in front end that can be later welded. Also have the similar setup for the rear. They both allow fine tuning of shackle angles prior to welding.

custom fabrication to insert shackles through the front frame rails would still be required.

rear springs still mount to original spring hanger, with shackles moved rearward.

This setup may likely require steering mods depending, but nothing out of the ordinary to any cruiser owner.

Intention was to build a buggy from the ground up, I was part way there and decided otherwise.

Also have for sale

$75 -good stock radiator and shroud
$25 ea - front and rear stock driveshafts
$30 ea - L and R rear axle shafts
$250 - excellent stock rear axle open diff 4.10s good drums and good cyls with perches set up for spring over
$1500 - front axle with spankin new 81 lc vented rotors, minituck birfs and knuckles, spindles, new detroit locker, all pro hy steer arms, all new seals blah blah blah

need to drum up some cashola for new project... truck building attention defecit... somethins

located between utah border and Vail, CO on I70

jd_cullen@hotmail.com

I would like the driveshafts-what year are they from? My zip is 95864-can you estimate shipping?

Thanks

[quote author=timp link=board=5;threadid=4799;start=msg64709#msg64709 date=1069181883]
Do you still have the springs for sale?
[/quote] The springs are on sold :D

how much for the hysteer arms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom