NEVER LEAVE THE TRAIL AND HEAD HOME WITHOUT CHECKING THOSE KNUCKLE STUDS! Advice needed on rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe to prevent this problem from happening again, some Mud members might want to think about upgrading their trucks to a new set of keyed knuckle housings.
New Keyed Steering Knuckles!!!

Always check your nuts!

We have a ongoing thread, “what did you do with your 80 this weekend.”

It seems like we need a new thread that somebody bumps once a day. It could be titled “Did you check your nuts this morning?”

Also, what is the recommended torque on the knuckle studs? Looked but found nothing.

I once asked @beno The same question. His reply was really F‘ing tight.

Always check your nuts!

We have a ongoing thread, “what did you do with your 80 this weekend.”

It seems like we need a new thread that somebody bumps once a day. It could be titled “Did you check your nuts this morning?”
Like these?
Check 'yer nutz.
Missing bolts

And every other one of them.

Disclaimer: I didn't check my nutz this morning.

Perhaps it's my chiseled physique after years of being a gym rat, but I just push the backing plate out of the way to get a socket on :flipoff2:
I just use my 1/2" torque wrench with a four inch extension and then I just plow the shroud over a millimeter or two and yank until I hear the click. Probably takes 3 minutes per side if you have the wheels off, which I always do as an excuse to look everything else over and make sure Uncle Rusty doesn't try to slink back in through the back door on me and to be sure I am not having any other issues with the brakes and suspension. 20 minute front end inspection, tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom