Nevada Ghost town trip OCT23-26/27 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We will be leaving sometime early Friday morning, and starting in Carson City area. I have a Virginia city start and going all the way to Tonapah but I don't think either of those are actually realistic. I think Carson City to Diana's punch bowl and Belmont Nevada will be a great trip.

I have added a ton of stuff to the GPS files, some of which has nothing to do with this trip, some of it just stuff in the area, and a bunch of it stuff to actually check out. I have spent a few years building a bunch of Nevada ghost town info and most of that is here regardless of if it's for this trip or not.

If you are planning on going, or really considering going, let me know as soon as you know so I can plan for how many vehicles to expect.

Nevada currently has a fire ban as well, no campfires will be allowed. Stoves ARE OK still.

I am sending this as a google earth file, and a GPX. If you want a different file type or another option let me know and i'll see if I can convert it.

I would expect warm days, and cold nights. Could always get windy at times. This should be a very stock friendly trip.. no technical type wheeling that I know of.

The route will parallel highway 50 for most of the trip, no more then 45 minutes or so, I would expect we'll run to Fallon for fuel,but I would expect to carry extra fuel with you. This always makes it easy for anyone who can't do the full 4 days, to bug out and go home early easily for just about any point on the route.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 20200924172855-17102-data (1).gpx
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
  • Nevada overland trip0517.kml
    921.1 KB · Views: 104
Thinking and looking at my route, and the overall plan, as well as the fact my friend coming in from out of state going to Yosemite after this trip, I think it makes more sense to run East to west. Get the long highway drive out of the way friday. We'll be working our way closer to home as we go. The stuff I am most excited about is Monitor Valley, Belmont, and Ophir ghost towns, as well as the hot springs and Berlin ghost town, all of which are that eastern stuff. THat way if people can't stay for the whole trip, or we run out of time, we don't miss the really cool areas. I am really looking forward to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom