SOLD Nevada 1987 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
blue
1987 FJ60 Land Cruiser for sale, asking $15,000

Mileage 150,536, as of 10/25/2020. Vehicle is very original with low miles. Vehicle has a clean Nevada Title in the sellers name. I will not enter into any complicated purchase agreement – just money for title. Thank you for looking.

HISTORY:
This vehicle was sold new in California and was registered in Nevada in 1990, where it has remained to date. Records indicate the owner had this vehicle until 2006. The next owner had the vehicle from 2006 to 2020, and rarely drove the vehicle. Since the vehicle was driven so seldom by the previous owner, I spent many hours and spared no cost in maintenance and upgrades to make the vehicle mechanically sound and safe for my daughter, but plans have changed, hence the vehicle is for sale.

DETAILS:
The vehicle is 33 years old and has scratches and dents, but rust is not an issue because it has been in Nevada for most of its life. The blue paint is original, but not perfect – with some fading and some spot touchup, but there are no signs of body filler, and Carfax shows no accidents reported. Great candidate for a restoration, or just drive it like it is – it’s only original once.
The vehicle drives good, shifts good, and the 4WD works like it should. The vehicle does not leak any oil on my garage floor. The smog equipment is completely intact, and while it has passed smog tests in the past, I do not know if it will pass emissions testing because it is not required where I live. All gauges work, there are no check engine lights on, the choke works, and the heater works very well.
Other information: The AC compressor works but I think it needs to be recharged to blow cold air. The front driver’s seat has a tear on the door side. The driver’s side door panel top part has several small tears. The radio does not work and the top of the antenna is broken off.

RECENTLY:
To make the vehicle safer I put on new tires, including a new spare tire and wheel. I installed new shocks and an OEM Toyota muffler and exhaust system. I installed new front rotors, brakes, and brake lines. The windshield was replaced, and the old sealed beam headlight were replaced with brighter Hella H4 headlights. I also replaced all side marker lights for safety. All other lights, even the license plate lights work.

MAINTENANCE:
After completing the maintenance below I drove the vehicle a little over 400 miles to make sure it performed flawlessly.
Changed Oil and filter
Replaced Air filter
Installed Optima Battery
All new Fan belts
New Upper and lower radiator hoses
Replaced Heater hoses
Radiator drained and refilled
Spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor
New Fuel pump
New Fuel filter
Replaced Power steering pump
Rebuilt carburetor
Replaced engine valve oil seals
Adjusted valves
Set timing
Checked engine compression
155, 155, 152, 152, 150, 156

Complete Rebuild of knuckles
All wheel bearings replaced
Installed new front rotors, pads, brake lines, and bled brakes
New Toyota u-joints rear driveline
Replace transfer case front output shaft oil seal
Replaced gear oil in both differentials, transmission and T-case

1.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

Last edited:
Beautiful truck.

1) do you have pictures of front and rear seats without covers?

2) Pics of undercarriage?

3) Pictures of roof?

4) Lastly, your ad seems to refer to "seller" in the third person. Are you yourself the seller, or selling on behalf of someone else?

5) When did you purchase it in 2020? Are you the 3rd owner?

6) Do you have closer up pictures of the scratches/dents/paint fading you mention?

7) Since you have the carfax, could you kindly post it?

Thanks

I will get pictures as requested. 4) I am the owner and seller and the only name on the title. 5) I purchased it on September 04, 2020 for my daughter, and I believe I am the 3rd owner. 7) I will try to post the car fax in just a couple.

Thank you for the kind words, however, I will tell you that the body is far from perfect (no rust, no body fill), but the carelessness of the prior owner(s) caused dents and scratches as I noted in my first post. They are all fixable but didn't need to happen. If you do not want any dents, dings, scratches, this vehicle is not the right one for you.
I am okay with this because this vehicle runs and drives like brand new, no shake, no shimmy, solid as a rock and I just got through putting over 400 miles driving it all around Nevada with absolutely no issues at all. Here are few of the pictures that ryanCA asked for. Thanks again for looking.

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

10.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

That is a beautiful rig but I have to wait this out for a while and see if my rig sells. I have a Tacoma, Highlander, and FJ40, and really do not need another vehicle right now. Thanks Again!

Could you post some photos that document the dings, body damage, fading? You seemed to make a point of noting these issues and want to get a full picture of what they intel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom