Neutral safety switch A442F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone removed the NSS from the A442F transmission and found the wires had be joined? Is this factory or has a previous owner made my life hard?

IMG20211107165954.jpg

That is definitely a repair. You can also see the green wire is damaged just below the tape. I would just start by taking all the black tape off and inspect. You can always use some proper water proof butt connectors and repair that all properly depending on what is hiding under the tape.

That is definitely a repair. You can also see the green wire is damaged just below the tape. I would just start by taking all the black tape off and inspect. You can always use some proper water proof butt connectors and repair that all properly depending on what is hiding under the tape.
I just decided to buy a brand new one. I am having so many issues with my Electronically controlled transmission I just wanted to be sure that wasn't the cause.

I just decided to buy a brand new one. I am having so many issues with my Electronically controlled transmission I just wanted to be sure that wasn't the cause.
The NSS controls the park/neutral start interlock, and drives the PRNDL gear indicator. Check the connector in front of it just above the pan. That harness runs with the NSS harness and is the control for your shift solenoids.

Jason

What kind of issues are you having? The shift solenoids are a fairly common issue and can cause things like skipping a gear. They are relatively easy to replace and fairly cheap when bought as Aisin - Warner parts

Jason

What kind of issues are you having? The shift solenoids are a fairly common issue and can cause things like skipping a gear. They are relatively easy to replace and fairly cheap when bought as Aisin - Warner parts

Jason
So one morning the car decided to take off in 2nd or 3rd gear. Stupidly we changed the gearbox before looking into it further. Obviously once new gearbox was in we still had same issue. Taking off in wrong gear, but if we manually shifted the gears it drove fine with periodic gear jumping.

So far we have changed:
- gearbox
- all shift solenoids
- transmission wiring harness
- TCM (transmission computer)
- transmission fluid

We are receiving engine code 81 - TCM communication - open or short in ECT #1 circuit.

and

transmission codes 63 65
see attached pic for description.

Screenshot_2021-07-27-09-38-56-52_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Wow, you are in pretty deep then. Seems about the only thing left is the rest of the wiring harness between the TCM and the connectors at the tranny / starter area. Have you traced / tested those ?

Jason

Wow, you are in pretty deep then. Seems about the only thing left is the rest of the wiring harness between the TCM and the connectors at the tranny / starter area. Have you traced / tested those ?

Jason
I am waiting for the new NSS. If it's still no good then I may guessing a whole new main engine wiring harness. I have been to 4 auto elecs who are unwilling or unable to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom