For Sale Netherlands: 1988 BJ75 Troopy Fire Truck 70k original miles, no rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As usual, not mine, no affiliation, but a noteworthy car if you can look past the red paint, the reflective tape, and the blue emergency lights.

1988 BJ75 Troop Carrier with a reported 112,000km original. Said to be garage kept, with no rust, and well maintained (hard to find rust free examples in this part of the world, so I'd suggest any would-be buyers get detailed photos of any rust-prone areas to confirm the seller's claim). Looks like it was originally 045 white paint. Pretty bare-bones model with no a/c or lockers. Interior looks to be nice other than a few extra bits of hardware mounted here and there.

Seller says he can arrange delivery to the US, which is a plus if you don't want to arrange it yourself. Shipping port not too far away, so intra-Europe transport shouldn't be too expensive. A ride on a RORO ship from there to the US should be around $2k.

Reasonably priced at 18,950 Euro, which works out to about US$20,500, which isn't bad given the mileage and maintenance. The dollar is in good shape vs. the Euro right now. If you're willing to do some time with a heat gun and some solvent to get all the stickers off of it, it might work out to be a good deal.

Some photos for posterity:

1.jpg
6.jpg
10.jpg
14.jpg

Nice! I’d keep it as it and just build out the interior. But that’s me. I have to sell my Japanese FJ75 fire truck first though! 20k km - I just can’t bear the thought of converting it into something more useful.

I'd rock that WITH all the stickers for sure. Such a cool conversation piece anywhere you'd go.
Even with out all the stickers/red paint/emergency lights, driving a diesel Troopy in the US is a conversation piece . You'll never get anywhere if you rock it like that, and you won't be able to blame it on the 3B ;)

Nice find @gilmorneau The US needs more red Troopys!

Very nice.
Tempted to snag it to bring stateside next year, if it wasn't for that 3B. 😬
I've got a lead on a 6BT if you're looking for an engine swap!

This Land Cruiser was sold on auction for € 9900,00. Quite sad that the seller nows almost wants to double his money. (€18950,00).
The only thing that appears to have been changed are the seats. The membrane in the diesel injection pump is ruptured (hence the high idle on the video). The body has been perforated in several places to fit the firebrigade light. Overall it's a solid truck.
Cheers

Last edited:
This Land Cruiser was sold on auction for € 9900,00. Quite sad that the seller nows almost wants to double his money. (€18950,00).
The only thing that appears to have been changed are the seats. The membrane in the diesel injection pump is ruptured (hence the high idle on the video). The body has been perforated in several places to fit the firebrigade light. Overall it's a solid truck.
Cheers
Auction was on Troostwijk

Interesting. Any other European auction sites to keep an eye on in addition to Troostwijk?

Ritchie bros. Has auctions worldwide including locations in Europe. They had a pair of 75-series pickups a couple months ago—one was an HZJ75 and the other one a PZJ75. Both were ex mine trucks, with all that entails, so I didn’t bother with them. Pretty sure I’ve already seen one of them for resale.

Ritchie bros. Has auctions worldwide including locations in Europe. They had a pair of 75-series pickups a couple months ago—one was an HZJ75 and the other one a PZJ75. Both were ex mine trucks, with all that entails, so I didn’t bother with them. Pretty sure I’ve already seen one of them for resale.

Cool. Thanks. I'll add some auction alerts. Maybe I'll get lucky and use the military to ship one back next year for free.

Cheers
You are correct , I was keeping an eye on that auction but did not know what exactly was the "mecanical issue" that they mentioned .

From what I see people can inspect these vehicles before auction closes out?
Depends on the auction , most of them allow to see them though.

If this truck was in the U.S. I would make an offer on it. Cool truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom