AltFuel Neste MY Renewable Diesel™ – high-performing low-carbon biofuel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

From Finland. I have used 2 tanks now, great stuff.

I just filled up with this - it was less expensive than the B20 I normally run. So far I seem to have less visible emissions and almost no diesel smell. Will see how it does for power when I run the passes later this week.

I just filled up with this - it was less expensive than the B20 I normally run. So far I seem to have less visible emissions and almost no diesel smell. Will see how it does for power when I run the passes later this week.

How much visible emission do you normally have?

The normal black puff on startup and then white/grey until it warms up. Then usually just on hard acceleration or long pulls. (Hmm that kind of sounds like all the time.) The amount of smoke in all instances has decreased and the diesel smell is noticeably less. I came home over some minor passes and it felt like there was discernable increase in acceleration power. Neste has a published cetane of 70+ compared to 50 for the biodiesel I was running previously. Maybe just knowing that made me think I had more power. Either way is fine with me.

I found a source locally so will be running it pretty much all winter. Should also give me a good chance to see how it does in cold weather.

Now I just need to find a "Renewable Diesel" window sticker to keep all my green neighbors at bay...

From Finland. I have used 2 tanks now, great stuff.
Man, looks great, wish they had anyone selling it here in Washington, gotta think there's interest in and around Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom