Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Soaked the glass overnight. Stripped the purple haze tint (not the beer) with straight edged blades. Scotch pad and rubbing -OH to get any residual grime/glue/etc off, then rewashed. Glass is CRYSTAL F'N clean.

Went to my parts box, damn it. Didn't update with the Scott's Old Rubber part. Sent an email today.

Parts list using for this rebuild - courtesy of the multiple threads I researched here on MUD (see links below):

Sliding Windows Rebuild Parts List:

67045-60010 (80 series center post x1) $44

67046-60010 (80 series center post x1) $44

90159-30005 (center post screw x 4) $1.08

62910-95703 (lock, window mech x2) $13

62249-95700 (plate x4) $2

62793-95704 (retainer x4) $7.19

62792-95A00 (packing x 6) $2

90164-40050 (tapping screw x 10) $1

62729-90K01 (pad, RR window ctr sash x4) $2

24175K17 McMaster-Carr, lock strip, $35

3M Window-Weld ¼” x 15’ round ribbon sealer roll, $18

Amazon product ASIN B0054U934A, ($12)

Scott’s Old Rubber #350.117, $pending

Links:

Once Scott's Old Rubber order is in, I'll post pics.

820HP

750Tq

AWD

Holy mother of all bearded goats!

One more time. . .eight-hundred and twenty horsepower, seven-hundred and fifty foot pounds of torque!

Just as a point of reference, that's Dodge Demon, McLaren, Lamborghini and Shelby GT500 Super Snake territory!

In a no traction control, non-abs FJ60.

Thinking I should change her name to 'Death Wagon'

Can't wait to sleep a local TRX or Raptor=)

Last edited:
The finer details heading to @TRAIL TAILOR

Anvil Forged Carbon Fiber Mirror

ForgedCF_Mirror.jpg

Headlight Stone Guards:

headlight_guard.jpg

Billet Horns:

Billet_Horn.jpg

Last edited:
And depending on the final console choice and @TRAIL TAILOR approval, might go old school on the shifter (Kilduff Machine):

Horseshoe_shifter.png

Clayton Machine Works:

GoPedal.jpg

GoPedal3.jpg

Down to two seats insert choices for the Scheel-Mann seats: Keyston Brothers Atlas Laser & Atlas Berber. Both have the green accent that will tie-in with the exterior paint.

Laser:

atlas_laser.jpg

Berber:

AtlasBerber.jpg

Oh. . .and almost forgot a small detail:

820HP/750Tq

EIGHT HUNDRED & TWENTY HORSEPOWER

SEVEN HUNDRED-FIFTY TORQUE

Holy mother of baby Jesus

Taking bets it'll be totaled within the first 30 days=)

#fckYEAHbaby

820HP/750Tq

#fckYEAHbaby
You could probably recoup some of your investment by charging the MANY MANY Drooling Fans for a short ride in the baddest 60 series on the planet...

820HP/750Tq

#fckYEAHbaby
Gonna be a short REALLY hot🔥burn...I can hear the axles snapping and driveshafts pretzel-ing from here.

🥨....good with:beer: at least!

Is Scheel-Mann selling you extra fabric to do the rear seats? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to stop doing that because they don't have quality control over the final product.

Is Scheel-Mann selling you extra fabric to do the rear seats? I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they were going to stop doing that because they don't have quality control over the final product.

They launched an updated site where you can see more of the stock fabric material you can buy. This is more intended to give customers the opportunity to buy extra scheel mann fabric to have door cards or arm rests etc match to the front seats. They won't take your fabric Pendleton, or Chilewich and put it into their seats. So anything custom outside of the materials they offer would be done second hand for the reasons you mentioned.

They launched an updated site where you can see more of the stock fabric material you can buy. This is more intended to give customers the opportunity to buy extra scheel mann fabric to have door cards or arm rests etc match to the front seats. They won't take your fabric Pendleton, or Chilewich and put it into their seats. So anything custom outside of the materials they offer would be done second hand for the reasons you mentioned.

Ok, maybe I misinterpreted the thread I saw. That's good to know, Scheel-mann's are on my long list of upgrades and I figured I'd go all-in and get the rear seats done at the same time.

You could probably recoup some of your investment by charging the MANY MANY Drooling Fans for a short ride in the baddest 60 series on the planet...
All royalties are morally contracted to go to J @TRAIL TAILOR =)

Seriously. . .I'm a mad scientist with ideas but have ZERO fab skills. And 90% of my ideas are either 'too out there', too complicated or simply cost prohibitive.

J is the Maestro of his domain and while I'd love to take credit for the final build, it's really all J and his ability to decipher my ADHD gibberish and turn it into what is soon to be my fantasy FJ60.

I appreciate the kind words and compliment on the build and semi-related to your '...short ride...' comment - if my final idea materializes, everyone will have a POV ride of their lives!

Shane

Do a Locar tranny shifter handle.
Good quality.
Your thoughts??
Lokar is an outstanding company and although they produce beautiful pieces, they're kind of generic now. What I mean is commonplace, not generic, only because they're so abundant. Something about the FJ60 has always pushed me to make her unique. I like unique, odd, and at times, strange. The horseshoe shifter fits the bill for me, personally. It's old school but updated, looks & feels heavy (like the 60), and fits the build better than the other options available at present.

Post FJ60, depending on a lot of variables and if J's still available, I'm going to do a AWD C10 or 55 Bel Air - with options like Kilduff Machine, Scott's Hotrods, Fat Fender Garage. . .kind of puts Lokar/Clayton Machine in the shadows.

Last edited:
Lokar is an outstanding company and although they pieces are beautiful, they're kind of generic now. What I mean is commonplace, not generic, only because they're so abundant. I like unique, odd, and at times, strange. The horseshoe shifter fits the bill for me, personally. It's old school but updated, looks & feels heavy (like the 60), and fits the build better than the other options available at present.

Post FJ60, depending on a lot of variables and if J's still available, I'm going to do a AWD C10 or 55 Bel Air, and Lokar or Clayton Machine Works would be my choice for shifter and other assorted hardware.

Lokar at this point is IMO... " Eh.... seen it 10000000 times........" Quality has gone to s*** with most other companies since covid. I was temped to machine new shifters, but don't have the time to re-create the wheel that Kilduff and a couple others have already done to shadow all things Lokar.

If a 55 can get here in the next 4-5 moths I can build it with Fozzie (my frame off 100 year anniversary 2 dr hardtop Studebaker).

J

PXL_20230209_195342885.jpg
PXL_20221128_180630069.jpg
PXL_20230210_184910520.jpg

Yes order the Kilduff shifter and I will build the aluminum console to accommodate. Clayton matching pedals.

Jason
What, really! I love being enabled, such a rare and beautiful experience=)

And. . .totally sporting a full salute boner at the moment

Lokar at this point is IMO... " Eh.... seen it 10000000 times........" Quality has gone to s*** with most other companies since covid. I was temped to machine new shifters, but don't have the time to re-create the wheel that Kilduff and a couple others have already done to shadow all things Lokar.

If a 55 can get here in the next 4-5 moths I can build it with Fozzie (my frame off 100 year anniversary 2 dr hardtop Studebaker).

J

View attachment 3302565View attachment 3302566View attachment 3302567
4-5 months. . .pick up the 60 one month, drop the 55 off the next month!

And don't tell Mel. . .about both the boner and the 55, lmao!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom