Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Already purchased a set of wheels. . .only purchase so far that's grinding on me. The choice really came down to the old school steelies with custom caps or the Skol wheels. Another problem with this choice, and probably what's been behind the grinding. . .the Skol's were my first choice but they were 3x more expensive. And the 'how can I get this done' wheels are already spinning!

SK11, SK15 and SK19, respectively (with the SK19, SK11 and SK15 in order of choice):

View attachment 3253049

View attachment 3253050

View attachment 3253051
for an FJ, I think the bottom one is my favorite. What size are you thinking?

for an FJ, I think the bottom one is my favorite. What size are you thinking?
The SK11 is my favorite regarding looks but the SK15 is more appropriate for the 60's era. It is these types of decision, the last finishing choices to make, that are keeping me up at night!

Shut the front door. . .guess who's next in line for the final body prep and paint booth!

She's rolling back inside Monday morning. Another week or two of work & prep, then straight to the paint booth.

Spent a couple of hours with the 60 today after work comparing the dark emerald frost fender to the OEM silver fender. . .

Which caused a bit of anxiety. . .

Which then caused me to go home and cuddle with my bong=)

Last edited:
now to the smaller but equally as detailed finishing touches. A/V and trim decisions. . .

Head unit likely going to be one of the Alpine Halo's

Amps likely going to be JL Audio units

Speakers. . .hmmm, Audiofrog or JL Audio

Trim: Looking for someone with 3D scanning and billet capabilities for exterior emblems:

FJ60 Emblem .jpg

Custom carbon fiber booster and billet aluminum master for Mr. Shane's LS3 Erod Whipple supercharger build.

Jason
Holy mother of 8lb 6oz baby Jesus! Dude. . .that's awesome and really appreciate the surprise pics! Wish I could rub my face against it. . .just because=)
Holy mother of 8lb 6oz baby Jesus! Dude. .. that's awesome and really appreciate the surprise pics! Wish I could rub my face against it. . .just becuase=)

Did the combo valve make it as well?

And damn, are those ARP bolts?

Last edited:
So, after reading J's update (above) and having a series of mini orgasms, my own update kinda sux now. . .but progress is progress mofo's,,,and progress is being made!

FJ60_FinalBody_PrepIMG_3759.jpg

FJ60_FinalBody_PrepIMG_3772.jpg

Pretty sure I've developed hypertension related to these final build steps. . .

Wheels: After mocking-up numerous wheels, decided on a set of old school 17x9 steelies, painted/coated in either accent color (bronze) or body color (Dark Emerald Frost).

Seats: Sat in a set of Recaro Expert M's, comfy. Sat in a set of Scheel-Mann Vario's that were literally just installed, stiff. Sat in a set of Scheel-Mann's that were about 2 years old, my ass registered PLUSH! Call to Toby, ordering a pair of Vario F's but will have the center section material recovered with Keystone Bros Atlas Laser. Rear bucket seats TBD once she gets to J's shop.
Hey, so question for you since you are doing something similar to what I want to do with the Scheel-Mann seats.
Can you get Scheel-Mann to do the custom fabric in the middle for you, or do they only sell it one way and then you need to re-upholster the middle as a separate thing someplace?
It seems you are getting the seats from Scheel-Mann and then having someone change them - right?

Hey, so question for you since you are doing something similar to what I want to do with the Scheel-Mann seats.
Can you get Scheel-Mann to do the custom fabric in the middle for you, or do they only sell it one way and then you need to re-upholster the middle as a separate thing someplace?
It seems you are getting the seats from Scheel-Mann and then having someone change them - right?

Initially asked about S-M doing the fabric change. They will but you will need to check with Toby to see if it's a material S-M is willing to install. My initial inquiry was asking S-M to use Chilewich fabric but denied.

Scheel-Mann doesn't want to do customer supplied fabric because they don't want to warranty wear or have it be a difficult material to work with. It ends up being an unpredictable variable for the business.

Scheel-Mann doesn't want to do customer supplied fabric because they don't want to warranty wear or have it be a difficult material to work with. It ends up being an unpredictable variable for the business.
That's exactly what I was told. 100% understandable from S-M's standpoint.

Honda Odyssey 2nd row seat headed to TT for test fitting, check.

Audiofrog 1" tweeters, 6 3/4" mids and 4" coaxials headed to TT, check.

Tailgate mod, negative.

Final push for the wheels, underway!

This is what I woke up thinking about @ 0445 this morning! Absolutely can't wait. . .

whipple.jpg

How HP is this beautiful work of art??
Going to smoke one and dream of this in my FJ60!! HA HAHAH
I only have a small block in her.. But she goes very well!!
There are a lot of pieces J's putting together that bring 'work of art' to mind, I still giggle like an excited kid daily. . .also take Tums daily as it is equally as anxiety producing, lol.

How much HP/Tq? I honestly have no idea. From what I have read, the setup is capable of +/- 1000hp but I believe the xmission, xfer case, etc. will limit what the setup is tuned to make. I'm thinking somewhere between 650-800hp but I'm 100% pulling that range str8 out of my ass=)

And dreams are a good thing. . .10 years of dreaming about this build before it began to finally start to materialize!

While the LS3 with Whipple 2.9L supercharger is capable of 875-1030+HP and 850 lb-ft torque.

Tony and I are planning on keeping the tuning at a modest 820 HP and 750 lb-f torque +/- 5%.

Regardless....... the most HP and torque I've ever seen out of a 60 build.

Jason
TT

A Modest 820 HP and 750 lb-f :cool:

A Modest 820 HP and 750 lb-f
While the LS3 with Whipple 2.9L supercharger is capable of 875-1030+HP and 850 lb-ft torque.

Tony and I are planning on keeping the tuning at a modest 820 HP and 750 lb-f torque +/- 5%.

Regardless....... the most HP and torque I've ever seen out of a 60 build.

Jason
TT
...modest 820 HP and 750 lb-f torque. . .

J's always modest and understated. . .until he hits you with the ta-da boom stick!

Looking fwd to your Ken Block-like test drive through downtown Redding=)

Starting on the rear slider rebuild today. Frames blasted and powder coated. Previously ordered all parts but after re-reading the main thread, going to order the referenced Scott's Old Rubber part.

Should've purchased the wagongear flip-ups when they were still available!

Now. . .time to demolition a coyote den #Boom_1/2stick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom