Builds Nemesis - a deviant undertaking underway (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two more sets of NOS NLA OEM Unobtainium goodies:

Behind door #1: HVAC HVAC/Heater Assembly, Lamp Assembly & 8ea Heater Control Cable Clamps (87130-90a01 Heater Assy, 81930-90a01 Lamp Assy, 55933-14010 Clamps x8ea)): $1000 + shipping

Behind door #2: Gray, NON-CHROME 60-series Grilel and 3 each Headlight Bezels (2 ea 53132-90A00, 1 ea 53131-90A00). Yes, these are OEM parts. $1500 + shipping.

Payment Options:

1. Paid in full, shipped once payment received/clears.

2. 90-day 'lay-a-way', 3 equal payments, shipped once final payment received/clears.

3. Trade for those wanting to use a credit card: You buy parts I'm getting ready to purchase and have shipped to me, I ship your parts once items are received.

Payment note: If you use PayPal, add 3%

Shane

Fender flares arrived…going to see if my local fab guy can do them in metal.

Should have everything wrapped up with Toby next week and a set of these on their way to TT:

VarioF.jpg

atlas_laser.jpg

Last edited:
Getting so close to final prep for paint!

4D865166-E7F5-4AC2-9DD2-557B697E57F5.jpeg

C9C9608D-0A4A-497D-9248-6F1391408197.jpeg

B50DD116-6629-4FB3-900A-C0B6D301465C.jpeg

80CD8ECB-ED5A-4EEB-877D-E82058FB0334.jpeg

60F0E7BD-8F7C-4024-9EFD-64F6428C52BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Final body prep for paint underway - hoping to have out of booth and loaded for xport over the next few weeks.

I have a few goodies that want to show themselves off here...

J
J

Been a helluva year and without a doubt. . .highlight is going to be when she finally lands at your doorstep.

Let the goodies and your wildest ideas off leash!

#TTBuild_SEMA2023

And have you seen this front grille.bumper.lights?
IMG_2411.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my. . .that grille, headlight surrounds and bumper! And those roof mounted rails, d'oh.

FJ60Image1.jpg

Test fit of the Siege Overland flares. Overall fitment is good, a few areas that need to be trimmed/cleaned-up. Not so sure on the mounting - still a work in progress with a 50/50 shot of being put on the final build before spraying.

FJ60FlareFit.jpg

Last edited:
Test fit of the Siege Overland flares. Overall fitment is good, a few areas that need to be trimmed/cleaned-up. Not so sure on the mounting - still a work in progress with a 50/50 shot of being put on the final build before spraying.

View attachment 3179260
How do you like the fender flares? I really want some but they aren't cheap

How do you like the fender flares? I really want some but they aren't cheap
It's a work in progress. They were a little rough around the edges upon arrival but nothing considerable. The difficultly revolves around mounting them to the rig. Sent an email to Siege Overland requesting pics/info on mounting approach to avoid moisture buildup. Might use a bonding material to permanently attach to the body - but that's my body guy's call, wayyyyy outside of my knowledge base.

More body prep pics. About 95% done with disassembling the dash & firewall & misc. electrical.

FJ60BodyPrepIMG_2551.jpg
FJ60BodyPrepIMG_2552.jpg
FJ60BodyPrepIMG_2553.jpg
FJ60BodyPrepIMG_2554.jpg
FJ60BodyPrepIMG_2555.jpg

Last edited:
97% residual, 18 mo lease. . .couldn't handle driving a car one minute longer and will get the job done until the 60 comes home. It's small, smaller than a Tacoma, on the inside but otherwise, like it so far. Averaging 21.8 mpg, mixed at 1200 miles.

PRO4X.jpg

Last edited:
but otherwise, like it so far
When my cruiser was down for 7 months as I worked on it, I was driving a Subaru Forester. I got really used to how that thing drove (great). When my cruiser finally got back together and back on the road, my only thought in the beginning as I drove it was…. man this thing drives like crap.
I had never thought that before- until after driving a modern car.

When my cruiser was down for 7 months as I worked on it, I was driving a Subaru Forester. I got really used to how that thing drove (great). When my cruiser finally got back together and back on the road, my only thought in the beginning as I drove it was…. man this thing drives like crap.
I had never thought that before- until after driving a modern car.
That actually made me laugh this morning and know exactly what you mean - switching from whatever to the 60 is always a little bit of a shock to the system. And I friggin love Subies - had a built 08 STi wagon that was ludicrous in all aspects, and tried convincing my wife to get the Outback Wilderness last week over the Volvo wagon.

But there's something about the 60 that's unique. . .don't get the same feeling when I drive my buddy's 75 Bronco despite his Bronco>60 nonsense, lol.

Just saw that you are in the NOLA/Northshore area. I'm in Covington and I just my 60 this summer. I don't know of anybody else around me that has a 60, too. Nice to know there are some people around here with good taste.

BTW, nice build.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom