Neighbor's New Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
1940 Ford COE (cab over engine). V8 flat head. 3 speed tranny. Capable of going 40mph, sort of.

Ford 1940 COE.jpg

Now that's a funny looking truck - it looks like someone cut off its nose. Drip pans front and rear to catch leaky fluids?

Interesting - I have never seen one like that.

I didn't know they existed until he told me about it 2-3 weeks ago. At that time he was thinking about it. I guess it has a "rope" seal on the back of the transmission that leaks. Not sure what's up with the back diff. I should have taken a pic of the diff. It's a funky two piece design.

Last edited:
I didn't know they existed until he told me about it 2-3 weeks ago. At that time he was thinking about it. I guess it has a "rope" seal on the back of the transmission that leaks. Not sure what's up with the back diff. I should have take a pic of the diff. It's a funky two piece design.

My 69 Mustang had a rope seal at the back of the engine that leaked a little all the time, don’t remember if the transmission had one .

That is a very cool looking truck

Lots of looky-lous driving real slow past the beast.

Last edited:
Was this restored by Mike's Garage in Salida, by chance?

Was this restored by Mike's Garage in Salida, by chance?
Interesting question. He did purchase it out of Colorado, but I was under the impression it was a dealer of some sort. I will have to ask him. Why? Have you seen it?

Very cool!
I’d swap a diesel and 6 speed into it...

Theres one a couple years newer for sale up north. Pretty cool trucks .

1942 Ford Cab Over

Interesting question. He did purchase it out of Colorado, but I was under the impression it was a dealer of some sort. I will have to ask him. Why? Have you seen it?
I have seen it. Parked at Mike's Garage. In Salida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom