Neighbor selling 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where is that? lol
Idiots are everywhere, but definitely more in the South.

I guess that's why so many Californians are fleeing to Southern States? (Florida, Texas). ;)

3fe engines are fine but they are less powerful than a 1fz. If that doesn't bother you, get a 3fe cruiser. If it does bother you, get a 1fz cruiser. I generally steer people to 1fz cruisers because they come with a full float rear axle and bigger front brakes, and the 1fz has forced induction kits if you want more power someday. Both cruisers will take a ton of work usually to baseline now they are all so old. So when you do make up your mind make sure you have really made up your mind. Mine is a 92 and it has certain aspects I like over the 93 and up. Some of the interior parts are more of a struggle over the 93 and up to source. As long as you are having fun with your 3fe, 1fz, or even your ford explorer or jeep thats great. Its a better hobby than cooking crack in the house or clubbing baby seals on the weekend, as long as your treading lightly.

I had no idea that engine choice could become so political. @marcolau please inform your other Los Angelinians that Georgia sucks and they should never consider moving here and should stay put. Thanks.

Best regards, The Georgia Welcoming Committee.:hillbilly:

3fe engines are fine but they are less powerful than a 1fz. If that doesn't bother you, get a 3fe cruiser. If it does bother you, get a 1fz cruiser. I generally steer people to 1fz cruisers because they come with a full float rear axle and bigger front brakes, and the 1fz has forced induction kits if you want more power someday. Both cruisers will take a ton of work usually to baseline now they are all so old. So when you do make up your mind make sure you have really made up your mind. Mine is a 92 and it has certain aspects I like over the 93 and up. Some of the interior parts are more of a struggle over the 93 and up to source. As long as you are having fun with your 3fe, 1fz, or even your ford explorer or jeep thats great. Its a better hobby than cooking crack in the house or clubbing baby seals on the weekend, as long as your treading lightly.
Mine is a 91, and I wheel with mostly jeeps these days and they all have 100 more hp than me, and still struggle on steep climbs once they go to 37s and 40s with armor. So i wouldn't judge the rig on paper. Yes, jeeps overheats and struggle to go 60 mph on steep grade and high elevation too. The 3FE is slow, but with desmog, timing advance and a VB upgrade, it transform how the rig drives now on highway and my Rubicon trip is a true testament to that. I can beat on the 3fe all day and not worry about it getting hot, but definitely wouldn't recommend that with the 1fz..

20210811_105038 (1).jpg

I had no idea that engine choice could become so political. @marcolau please inform your other Los Angelinians that Georgia sucks and they should never consider moving here and should stay put. Thanks.

Best regards, The Georgia Welcoming Committee.:hillbilly:
haha. Nothing political, just mostly personal choices. All my friends are in Ga and they wouldnt move to Cali if i point a gun at them otherwise and wise versa. =)
I am still a Southerner at heart being born and raised in FL and lived in Ga most of my life.

Politics aside, we finally got the title in the mail today and moved the truck over from my neighbor’s driveway into my own.

I have an emu lift kit on order and I’m going to take it to my buddy who owns an air conditioning shop to fix the AC.

Depending on how hot it gets tomorrow, I’ll probably replace all the fluids.

Politics aside, we finally got the title in the mail today and moved the truck over from my neighbor’s driveway into my own.

I have an emu lift kit on order and I’m going to take it to my buddy who owns an air conditioning shop to fix the AC.

congrats! show us pictures whenever your ready!

we finally got the title in the mail today and moved the truck over from my neighbor’s driveway into my own.
Congrats! welcome to 80s. Now that you have a slower vehicle you have more time to look around and take in the view.

Good luck getting r-12. If you do get ahold of some, the ac in the lord's 80 (3 Ferrari equivalent or 3FE for short.) is ice cold. You can get ahold of a FSM from @jonheld s website. I highly recommend doing so. Congrats on the 80.

Hold on, go easy on expecting pics, they are still changing driveways .............

@300blk Congrats !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom