Negative Wit's End Experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Btw..this is awkward 🤔

1B28E3A2-85EE-4117-8A15-ABC79831552B.jpeg

I love that I’m not tagged at all for this. It’s this wonderful feeling of like people talking behind your back. 🙄
This thread was never intended for you. I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings by "talking behind your back" to tell others about my experience.

For reference, order number 29069 was just ordered. 29 THOUSAND orders. And I piss off, let’s see there are what four bummed out people in this thread?
Not sure what to say to this… congrats I guess? Doesn’t change what happened. Besides, this isn’t the only thread relaying a negative experience ordering from you and not everyone that has had a negative experience is going to post something.

I have posted a million times that my customer service sucks. Totally transparent.

I’ve seen you post this multiple times as if this is some sort of excuse to justify your business practices. So do you expect every buyer to read ih8mud or follow some newsletter that they never knew existed? Maybe put this on your website if you really want to be totally transparent: "I probably won't respond to your email if it is about a refund, but if you post something negative on social media or a forum maybe I will".

I have posted every idiotic stage of the QPM process INCLUDING yet another this week. I hide nothing about it. Totally transparent.

Again, not everyone reads ih8mud or gets your newsletters. This information belongs on your website. Maybe you don’t want to put it there because if you were totally transparent, as you say you are, then folks would think twice about buying from you? By the time I had requested a refund the estimated time on your website for the batch I was in was VERY outdated.

Regardless, this thread had nothing to do with the delays in the QPM. Never complained about that. I just was trying to get a refund. You had effectively canceled my order because I requested a refund yet the money was never sent and you were not responding.

He wanted and was processed a refund. Once that happens I cease to care about the order. I have thousands of things literally more important in my life than to think about a refunded order. On my end, in my ecommerce platform, it’s done. For his order, for reasons I can’t figure out nor can I replicate, it didn’t go thru on the bank side to him. I didn’t know it at all until he started complaining.

Buyer beware, if you email and ask Joey about a refund he supposedly issued but never received you will be labeled a complainer.

You didn't know it at all until I started "complaining"? I emailed you multiple times letting you know that I had not yet received the refund. You never responded. I posted on one of your Instagram posts something cordial along the lines of “Hey Joey, I requested a refund awhile ago for the QPM but haven’t received it yet. I’ve tried emailing but haven’t heard back.” You deleted my comment almost immediately without saying anything to me. So I posted again on an instragram post, this time a little less cordial because obviously nothing was working to get your attention and to get you to respond. FINALLY YOU RESPONDED. SUCCESS!

Joey responded by blaming it on my bank and sent this screenshot as "proof".

image0.png

This is what "refunded offline" means taken directly from his ecommerce website: “When can I perform an offline refund? You can perform an offline refund if: You are refunding a customer who paid via an offline payment method (cash, bank deposit, cheque or money order). You actioned the refund directly via the payment gateway/processor, and not through BigCommerce.”

I used none of those methods. I payed with a credit card that was processed through his e-commerce website. Yet for whatever reason he chose to refund the order “offline”.

Basically that screenshot is not proof that anything was ever processed on his end besides triggering a status change and sending an automated email to me suggesting a refund had been issued.

I did not make it a priority to figure it out because MY CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS and continues to suck until I eventually gave up trying to figure out what satellites didn’t link and just sent the dude a personal PayPal payment. End of story.
Yes, finally. After a painstaking process to get you to do anything I randomly received something in my paypal account which I never use and was never asked if I even had one or preferred that.

Did I ban him, absolutely. He said stupid s*** that I didn’t like. Period. I don’t need that negativity in my life. I enjoy what I do and 29000 people are pretty f***ing happy that I’m doing exactly what I’m doing. Do I piss people off? Yup. Will it change? I’m gonna guess no.
I just wanted my money back and had to use unconventional methods to get you to do something about it.

Buyer beware, you may get banned if you expect to get your money back and have to go out of your way to get Joey's attention after he’s effectively canceled your order without actually issuing a refund.

Do people get to choose their vendors? Absolutely. As it should be. But I also get to choose my customers. As it should be.
I've bought stuff from Delta, Hudd Expo, LCP, Solve Function, and a few other vendors. I had to request a refund from a couple of them for reasons that had nothing to do with the vendors themselves. They were all very good experiences and would highly recommend to others. If you need Toyota OEM parts there are cheaper places to get them from then Wit's End.

Last edited:
First off, I know this post may get a lot of criticism from friends and customers of Joey. I have purchased many items from Wit's End and been supportive of the business. I've even stood up for the business on other threads talking about negative experiences. However, my most recent experience requesting a refund for the rear quarter panel mount was not great and thought others may benefit from hearing about it.

I ordered the rear QPM on March 8th, 2021. I waited patiently knowing there were backlogs and supply chain/vendor issues. I emailed a handful of times trying to get an idea of when I could expect to receive it to plan ahead for future projects. Never received a response and just saw the occasional post on Ih8mud or instagram from Joey about it. Eventually I grew tired of waiting and requested a refund on September 24th so that I could use the funds for other projects. Within 24 hours the request is acknowledged and I get an automated email with the updated order status. Two weeks go by without seeing a refund. I check with my credit card company. They've received nothing on their end. I wait some more. Send an email to Joey. No response. Wait some more. Send another email. No response. Finally last weekend I posted a cordial comment on an instagram post to try and get his attention. Within hours the comment is deleted without any sort of acknowledgment. So an instagram comment is noticed and deleted within hours while emails about a refund are supposedly not seen or missed because Joey is too busy? Well I post another comment on the same post that is a little less cordial this time and am then immediately blocked from the instagram page. Finally I received an email from Joey. I am labeled as going "scorched earth" for something that he said is my banks problem and not his and proceeds to send screenshots of the refund being acknowledged on his e commerce website as if this was proof that the refund was sent. I notice it says "refunded offline" on his screen shot. This means the refund was issued through other means and not through his e commerce website using my payment method. I had not communicated any other means for the refund to be sent and had not received anything so obviously this was not me or my banks problem. I pointed this out. Finally I get a refund this week through PayPal without actually being asked or communicating to him that I even had PayPal or that that was my preferred method.

I'm now blocked from his website with my account and his instagram, only because I requested a refund for an item that I had waited nearly 8 months for, did not receive the refund, and had to use an unconventional method to get his attention because my emails were blatantly ignored.

This experience and how it was handled by Joey has nothing to do with backlogs, vendor issues, or him being busy. Simply put this was straight up terrible customer service. Just sharing for others who may be waiting on orders and considering a refund. If you receive the automated email order update acknowledging the refund, this means absolutely nothing as its only a status change and the refund may not have actually been sent by Joey.
Agree 100% with your feedback. This dude is lame.

:cautious:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom