Needed information for OME lift project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The lift kit arrived, but it was short one set of greaseable spring pins...s***! The fronts are in and the old leafs are off the back. Now I wait as my 60 sits on jack stands. I will be taking one of the rear leafs out tomorrow to make it a medium. I'm still unsure which to remove. It was mentioned to take out the third one down. Is this from the top of the curve or the bottom? Also, is it okay to use any type of grease in the shackles? Thanks.

Here's a link to some of my photos. OME medium with 2.5" over stock shackles gives roughly 4" lift (less in front, slightly higher in rear). I added f250 towers in the front for longer shocks and so I wouldn't need longer bump stops.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/434835-getting-started-holy-molygrease.html

Still rolling on 31's. I found a bad BVSV valve and some of my spark plugs were really fouled, so maybe I was short on power. Did some pretty rough wheeling the other day no issues (trail said moderate... gotta admit it was a bit tippy for solo driving).

BVSV=bimetallic vacuum switching valve. part of the emissions monster. I think I have other issues though too, intermittent power issues; perhaps need a new air pump if the smaller fixes don't cure it.

Here are a few poser shots showing some flex on OME mediums. Definitely not the most possible in these shots, but you get the idea. Plenty of sway without the swaybar.

IMG_1010a.jpg
IMG_1012.jpg

Personally, I would leave the leaf in and let them settle together as a pack.
I also installed the OME heavy springs and had standard tires on it at the time. The rear sat up a little, so I put two 60lb bags of cement in the back. The rear height settled in no time and now it is pretty level even without a load.
As for tires, it did look a bit silly with the old tires so changed to 33".
Lots of luck...:cheers:

Update...I called ARB and spoke with a technician. All of my leafs, both front and back, are heavies. They advised to take out the third one down on each of the four packs. After reading a ton of input on strings from many mud members, I concluded it's best to take out one from just the two backs. It is the third one down from the top of the arch (where you loosen the nut). I am still waiting on a part before I can get it all back together. I will post pics of the finished 60 when I'm done. Sounds like it will be another week. Thanks everyone for your help and input!

coloradocruiser86 said:
Okay...so I'm learning how to post pics. Sorry for the f-ups above.

Hey Colorado, are you posting via a computer? I'm having trouble too w/ pix. Wondering if it's cuz all I have is my iPhone?

I am posting from my laptop. I was having all kinds of issues because of some kind of security bs warning. To overcome this, I created a photobucket account. I uploaded my pics to this and then posted them back to mud. After some trial and error, it worked. I hope this helps. :grinpimp:

Hmm. Good thinking. I wondered if my picture settings are too big via my super awesome amazingly smart apple iPhone. *smirk!*
I'll see if I can do a photo-bucket account via my phone. Thanks for the help.

:idea: I have some great advice...trade in that obsolete i-phone and get yourself an HTC Evo, or at least some kind of andriod phone. You'll stop doing this...:bang: and start doing this...:clap:. You can thank me later. :cheers:

Obsolete? Oh stop. It's a good phone. It has some quirks but I'm cool with it, plus I just swapped out my old 3G for the 4G a few months ago. I'm sorta stuck... And remember, all my 'extra' money goes to the LC fund!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom