Need your help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone here please share with me the part number for the rubber bushing for the OME steering stabilizer shock?

My OME HD lift and an ARB bumper, plus other little items from them. They are OME ARB authorized retailers.

One of the rubber bushings on my OME steering stabilizer has crumbled. Slee Says they don't know how to order that bushing or even know what the part number is. This seems silly because I'm certain these things wear out and they must have sold hundreds of these stabilizers over the years, likely had to replace the rubber bushing at least once?
I called ARBUSA and they gave me a incorrect part number for a metal pin kit, but it is not the bushing. When I emailed he said he doesnt even know what part number the bushing is???

thanks in advance

Last edited:
why not just take the bushings to a local shop and see of you can match them up, bushings are bushings. you could probably get away with using the toyota bushings
Here in puerto rico there are few shops and most are inept... I had to go back to working on my own truck becasue even the toyota dealership does hack work they wont stand behind. The independent shops here are worse than the dealers. You can't trust anyone on this island to pay attention to detail.

try to order 90385-19003 x2 and 90948-01004 x2. those are the rear shock bushings, that should give you a startting point for finding something that will work

...and how is honesty from Christo poor service?

I called ARBUSA and they gave me a incorrect part number for a metal pin kit, but it is not the bushing. When I emailed Christo he said he doesnt even know what part number the bushing is???
So help me out here.
If the manufacturer doesn't know the part number, why would you expect a reseller to know the part number?

If the bushings are crumbling, the stabilizer isn't getting any younger. Mfg's support products for a certain period of time (by law, in some cases, DNK if that applies here) then tend to assume that if the product is still in use, it's likely on its last legs. This assumes the item was superseded by a new design that uses a different bushing.

Have you checked the Universal parts from Summit Racing, or Energy Suspension,, or an auto parts store may be able to find a replacement bushing.

Last edited:
It’s certainly possible OME doesn’t offer the part separately. Call them. And then change the title to your thread.

3 years and under 30k miles.
Kernel sent me a huge list of places to try.
Im posting my reply to him here because it addresses the concerns many of you have...

"arb phone operators are just call center employees. They don't likely even understand parts.
I've spent thousands of dollars with slee, 80 series experts, and they also not only sell, but service the same parts. Just because this time im spending $20 doesn't mean I should be dismissed as not worth their time, which is how this went. case In point, username kernel did more work replying to this and provided more service than christo did. If I drove into the shop in Golden Colorado to fix something SLEE sold me do you expect them to say, "sorry it's not worth my time to do any work because the part is less than $20? How is that scenario any different than mine other than not physically being there?
I was about to drop a few thousand more with them for sliders and a freezer, but because I was dismissed as not important will affect my future desire to give them another penny.
Try checking with OME again for OME mounting kit 142995

Those things only have 3 year warranty and 37k mile warranty - whichever comes first.

Im with the op, sounds like a little bit of "resting on their laurels" cuz its just small pennies.

We are all frustrated with our dollars buying less and less quality and that is one of the reasons we go to these "boutique" vendors. One expects better quality all around (both in product and service) or else why should we not not just buy everything at Walmart or wherever?...

I also know that a lot of people on here think these homegrown vendors can do no wrong but i say if these people's hearts are no longer in the game to serve the common man correctly then they should consider quitting or scaling back, cuz word will get around.

And dont come whining to me about overhead and taxes and payroll and endless phone calls. There are people "serving" their country right now by having limbs blown off and some of these businesses wanna quibble bout common business work and customer service!! They should get on their knees and thank us for buying their products ,and further they should be thankful for the free head-shrink.

Everyday is a new day to do something right!

That said i have mass Slee stuff and its all perfect and i have no complaints cuz they arnt a crappy company yet..Same with others on here.

Find an old tire and drill out a chunk with a hole saw and trim to match. People make sandals out of old tires here plus there’s always an old tire laying around that you can never seem to get rid of. I like to think outta the box. Hope that helps.

I still don’t see why the OP has to rag on Slee.

Maybe I am missing something. When the bushing fails you buy a new steering stabilizer. Likely other things are going wrong inside. . Not sure why any vendor would know what that part is as its likely designed to be non replaceable.

Is there a reason you dont just order another steering stabilizer?

When I had a bushing on a shock fail, I replaced the shock.

Im with the op, sounds like a little bit of "resting on their laurels" cuz its just small pennies.

We are all frustrated with our dollars buying less and less quality and that is one of the reasons we go to these "boutique" vendors. One expects better quality all around (both in product and service) or else why should we not not just buy everything at Walmart or wherever?...

I also know that a lot of people on here think these homegrown vendors can do no wrong but i say if these people's hearts are no longer in the game to serve the common man correctly then they should consider quitting or scaling back, cuz word will get around.

And dont come whining to me about overhead and taxes and payroll and endless phone calls. There are people "serving" their country right now by having limbs blown off and some of these businesses wanna quibble bout common business work and customer service!! They should get on their knees and thank us for buying their products ,and further they should be thankful for the free head-shrink.

Everyday is a new day to do something right!

That said i have mass Slee stuff and its all perfect and i have no complaints cuz they arnt a crappy company yet..Same with others on here.
Nothing in your diatribe relates to the OPs issue.
If the MANUFACTURER does not offer the replacement part, then how is this the responsibility of the reseller?
How is the reseller "resting on their laurels" if the part is not available for purchase? What is your expectation here?

"arb phone operators are just call center employees. They don't likely even understand parts.
I've spent thousands of dollars with slee, 80 series experts, and they also not only sell, but service the same parts. Just because this time im spending $20 doesn't mean I should be dismissed as not worth their time, which is how this went. case In point, username kernel did more work replying to this and provided more service than christo did. If I drove into the shop in Golden Colorado to fix something SLEE sold me do you expect them to say, "sorry it's not worth my time to do any work because the part is less than $20? How is that scenario any different than mine other than not physically being there?
I was about to drop a few thousand more with them for sliders and a freezer, but because I was dismissed as not important will affect my future desire to give them another penny.

OK, so it had nothing to do with $ spent. When the OP called me I actually did search the Old Man Emu guide and here is the listing for replacement parts for the steering stabilizers they offer. Hardly a case of "resting on their laurels" because it is a small part. I explained to the OP that we have never ordered a bushing kit for a steering stabilizer and do not have a part number for it. The OP gave me the part number ARB gave him and I explained that I am pretty sure that is the mounting stud and does not come with bushings. He offered a different part number for a bushing kit (which is for a different stabilizer) of which I have no info since I have never seen it so I have no idea if it compatible or not.

We can hardly sell a part that does not exist.

omesd24.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom