need your guys opinon on this cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
http://www.buysell.com/root/0/47531...sultdetail.aspx

i need your guys opinon on this toyota landcruiser. i've taken alook at it everything is soild as the ad says ! BUT the bad part is just the body has few rust spots here and there. basically it needs body work. but overall its in a GOOD condition. its has about 263kms on it. he is askin 5000obo.

oh by they way this would be my frist cruiser. the lowest this guy would go is 4500. as for the rust on the body i dont mind this is going to be my dd/weekend worrior. let me kno what u guys think. !!!

It depends on your area. Mine is nearly the same and I can't get anybody to even look at it for $1500.

bob

Where there's rust there's usually more. There are still numerous examples of pristine-bodied 60s in the US southwest, if you can afford the travlw and can work out the importation details.

You have to remember that it is $5000 Canadian not us, also in canada Land Cruisers sell for alot more than in the United States, So if you could get it for $4000-$4500 that would be a good deal!!!

As long as it is mechanicly good (which most land cruisers are, i would say go for it, and you wont regret buying a land cruiser) expecialy a 60, it will realy grow on you!!!

I'd say up to $4300US if everything else is in vgc.

bcCruiser said:
http://www.buysell.com/root/0/47531...sultdetail.aspx

i need your guys opinon on this toyota landcruiser. i've taken alook at it everything is soild as the ad says ! BUT the bad part is just the body has few rust spots here and there. basically it needs body work. but overall its in a GOOD condition. its has about 263kms on it. he is askin 5000obo.

oh by they way this would be my frist cruiser. the lowest this guy would go is 4500. as for the rust on the body i dont mind this is going to be my dd/weekend worrior. let me kno what u guys think. !!!

you sure you don't want a diesel model?

also depends on your budget, but have you heard about the japan imported models we can get in Canada. They are low kms, rust free(in general) and diesel.

Check the frame for major rust. The rear crossmember where the shocks attach should be a good indicator of the health of the frame.

for the rust its jus small spots the guy who owned it lived in vancouver then moved back to calgary (thats where the rust came in) then moved back to vancouver. as for the frame i did check the rear crossmember and its pretty good for its age! as for the rest of the frame its mostly surface rust. so like i siad it not that bad. as for diesiel and gas ?? which is more good wheeling. i prefer gas cuz the last 2 trucks i have owned where gas and i knew how to work on them. so teach me on the world of diesiel ?? i have look at the cruiser that are imported from japan kinda out of my price range...i've got 7 to 8gs to spend. i want to take my time since the last time trucks i've rushed into buyin. if all u guys are wondering why a 60series cruiser well for one is the ROOM...and it seems like the built like a tank !! well im off to go look at sum more cruisers today.. im also interested in a 91 too.....

In my opinion, I think that is too pricey for a gasser. Like the previous post, you can find a pristine cruiser (no rust) with less miles for that price. I have seen 91-95 FJ80's going for $4500-6500 US.

If you want one of that vintage for a good price, I would look for someone selling their rig on this board. The descriptions will be more thorough, and the likely modifications will be more explicit. This translates into knowing more about the rig you are about to purchase and the likely problems.

I bought a 84 fj60 with a touch of rust and a new paint job before I knew any better. The rust spots were the tip of the iceberg and reflected a lot of shabby body work. My mistake was a classic bonehead move...rushing to buy. I paid more than I should have and now have about $6k invested in a rig that is worth much less. I still have fun with it and the money doesn't matter much, but had I made my first cruiser purchase right initially, I would be better off.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

i would like to buy sum of the cruisers off this board but im all the way in in vancouver BC canada !

Get yourself a diesel. You will not regret it.

I'm no expert, but it seems a little high.

Definately go diesel. I too live in vancouver as do alot of people on here(or close too). Shoot me an e-mail and we can talk if you want some advice or help on getting a diesel cruiser.

Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom