Need Wire Colours Connections on 12HT Temp Sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if a fellow member who has a 12HT install can tell me the colours of the wires marked with yellow circle, one wire will go to the Pre Heat Relay controller Pin 7 and the other wire will go to earth, I need to know the colours of the two wires and which colour is going to earth?

12ht Intake Element A.jpg

The next photo shows the pins of the temp sensor, can anyone tell me which pin is going to earth, I am hoping the colours of the connected wires will reveal this or the wire can be checked with a meter?

IMG_0582.JPG

It's just a thermistor so I shouldn't be polarity sensitive, it doesn't matter which wire goes where.

Have you got the 12HT engine service manual? It's in ST-6, ST-8 & ST-9 check the diesel tech section of you don't already have that manual it's in one of the stickies.

I popped the bonnet on my 61 but there's too much heat shrink and tape to ID the wires without getting really involved.

Pin nr 1 (down) Brown your red stripe
Pin nr 2 (up) Yellow-Red your yellow stripe

Brown is earth and also connected to pin nr.10 on the intake heater timer

HJ61 timer.jpg

Same diagram just a little more details about pin-numbers and wirecolours ;)

The 2H hj47 wiring loom colours from the 2H pre heat timer of a super glow are as follows:-

2H Pin 1 Y/W (Water Temp Sensor) becomes Pin 7 12HT
Pin 2 B/R (Glow Plug Relay No 1) becomes Pin 1
Pin 3 B (FL 0.05 Green) becomes Pin 6
Pin 4 Y ( Regulator L) becomes Pin 9
Pin 5 W/B (Earth Side Temp Sen) becomes Pin 10
Pin 6 B/Y (IG Engine Fuse) becomes Pin 4
Pin 7 R/B (Glow filter Light) Becomes Pin 3
Pin 8 B/R (Glow Plug Relay No 2) Becomes Pin 5
Pin 9 now not used as it went to the glow plug sensor on the 2H, now a spare wire not connected at either end
Pin 10 B/W (Ignition Start Switch) Becomes Pin 11

hj47 SuperGlow.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom