Need website for older frame and engine numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
Last edited:
If you don't find anything, we might get a best guess database going from we that have engines from known years, I have the one from my 65 FJ45 and I also have one from a 64 FJ45LV I could get numbers off them.

somewhere i still have copies of the titles for the other two 45's i had for a total of 2 65s and one 63

Lets use this thread to post up the numbers. After we have a few, I'll put them in a database for us. How about frame numbers, engine numbers, year, and model? If you suspect the engine isn't stock, put a "?" by it. I think the info is also in the microfiche but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

We need 1958? to 1964. The 1964 numbers are covered in the SOR chart but we can use the '64s to double check the numbers.

treerootCO said:
Lets use this thread to post up the numbers. After we have a few, I'll put them in a database for us. How about frame numbers, engine numbers, year, and model? If you suspect the engine isn't stock, put a "?" by it. I think the info is also in the microfiche but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

We need 1958? to 1964. The 1964 numbers are covered in the SOR chart but we can use the '64s to double check the numbers.

I think the "year" is going to cause mass confusion. Maybe just stick to frame # and engine #. I believe the first digit of the frame number is the calendar year, not production year, the vehicle was made (AFAIK). Any year stamped on the VIN plate or a tag is the year that vehicle was titled and has absolutely nothing to do with production year.

An example are my three 25's VIN 0FJ25-20847, 8 & 9 and are stamped with years 1960 to 1962. Motor numbers vary by a few hundred, so they just grabbed one out of the pile.

My 1962

AFAIK it is original. At least the engine numbers match between the engine and the tag.

Engine: F 167865
Frame: 2-FJ40-15617

FJ40 "1963"

Engine: F 164644
Frame: 2 FJ40 14910
Intake Manifold: FJ25 17111 2

That is not what that thread is for....

Read post #1 in that thread please.

:beer:

Sorry, I thought that thread was where people should post their engine and frame numbers. Saw them starting to do that here and thought they should be aware of the other thread where over a hundred members have already done that.

Sorry, I thought that thread was where people should post their engine and frame numbers. Saw them starting to do that here and thought they should be aware of the other thread where over a hundred members have already done that.

No worries.

Thank you for making those charts and adding them to the thread.

F engined owners unite.

Type down those early frame and engine numbers. Apparently FJ40s of the 60-63 or so have "model years" designated to them which may differ by a year or two from the date of manufacture. At least that is the impression I get.:bounce:

Yea, I know I resurrected an ancient string. I will feel bad about that later.:rolleyes:

Yea, I know I resurrected an ancient string. I will feel bad about that later.:rolleyes:

Hopefully you can get everything worked out with your counselor

My VIN starts with 3FJ40 It is titled a 64, but was it made in 63 and where is the frame #stamped. I cant find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom