Wanted Need Transfer Case Badly for my fj40 DD (4spd)

Discussion in 'Classifieds - Parts' started by mikruiser, Nov 10, 2005.

1. mikruiser

mikruiser

I have the later model 4 speed in my 40 and i need a new used t-case for it badly, as it is my DD and spcter wants a grand for a used one. I need your help!! sell it to me cheap!! I am located in Bellingham WA, the closer the better but I don't mind paying shipping. The case needs to come from 74-78.
    -Mike

2. LCS

LCS

mikruiser, what's wrong with yours? Depending on what's wrong, we can rebuild yours.

Tim
    Landcruiser Specialties
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    503-693-1656

3. lingo

lingo

I have a good case but it's a long way to WA from atlanta. I may have parts if the case is rebuildable.

4. mikruiser

mikruiser

I suppose the case itself is okay, I have not taken it apart as i am at school right now and don't have the tools or the time, so what my plan was is to find a case and have this local transmission shop put it in for me. I imagine that it will need new gears as there has been a lot of grinding type noises that indicate some chipped gear teeth. I guess I having the shop replace the internals of the case is an option too. How do I know if mine is rebuildable?

5. lingo

lingo

If it is still in one peice. I have a t-case that the out put bearing went south but everything else looks good. Alot lighter and cheaper to ship than a complete case.

6. mike

mike 82bj42 1st project

I have a spare t-case from a 78fj40, low mileage, i'm in Toronto, Canada. I'll take $500USD plus the ride.

7. Pinion

Pinion

If you dont need the linkages, I would like them. Mine doesnt have any. Whatever 4spd tcase you get, Im guessing you wont need them. Let me know what you would like for them.

Thanks!

Rob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.