Need to remove headlights on 06-07 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do you need to remove the front bumper to get the headlights out on a 2006-2007 Landcruiser? Does anyone have a link to instructions?

No.

Ok, working on this same thing to swap in new OEM headlights for my 2006 LC that still has the stock bumper. The last screw I think i need take out looks like it's behind the bumper cover. I've spent a bunch of time searching and don't seem to find anything about how to remove the 06-07 headlight. Can someone who has done this please help me out with what I'm missing? Thanks!

Post of pic of the pesky screw

Ok, working on this same thing to swap in new OEM headlights for my 2006 LC that still has the stock bumper. The last screw I think i need take out looks like it's behind the bumper cover. I've spent a bunch of time searching and don't seem to find anything about how to remove the 06-07 headlight. Can someone who has done this please help me out with what I'm missing? Thanks!
Below is the diagram of bolts for a 2006.
644720F0-04C5-473D-A2B0-13505896C900.jpeg

The bolt that's tucked in behind the bumper cover is the one in the lower right of JunkCrzr89's diagram. This pic shows it tucked in behind. I don't see that it comes out without removing the bumper cover, but it seems odd that Toyota would have designed something that way.

IMG_0869.jpg

The bolt that's tucked in behind the bumper cover is the one in the lower right of JunkCrzr89's diagram. This pic shows it tucked in behind. I don't see that it comes out without removing the bumper cover, but it seems odd that Toyota would have designed something that way.

View attachment 2463058
Yes, the correct way to remove that screw is to remove some of the bumper fittings and at least allow the bumper to droop slightly, although with an open end spanner I have just about managed to remove that screw as long as it's not to tight, agreed, it's a PITA and is just one of the few things that Toyota designed badly, along with the high level third brake light placement and fitment, but thats another story and is a right Royal PITA.

What I have done is (once the bolt is removed and the headlight is out) is to cut the bottom bracket of the headlight so that there is a half moon instead of a hole, that way the bolt only needs to be nipped up and the bolt can stay in if you ever need to remove the headlight again, or once you get the bolt out leave it out.

What I have done is (once the bolt is removed and the headlight is out) is to cut the bottom bracket of the headlight so that there is a half moon instead of a hole, that way the bolt only needs to be nipped up and the bolt can stay in if you ever need to remove the headlight again, or once you get the bolt out leave it out.
Good idea 👍🏽

With all due respect, the OP is asking for a Land Cruiser 100 not a LX 470, the headlight fitment are completely different on the 470 than the 100. Nice write up with pictures though. :)

With all due respect, the OP is asking for a Land Cruiser 100 not a LX 470, the headlight fitment are completely different on the 470 than the 100. Nice write up with pictures though. :)
Got it, thanks. I Didn't think about that, I'm not familiar with LC differences but I guess they are mostly related to front end parts. Well maybe somebody can do a walkthrough of LC headlamp removal.

Got it, thanks. I Didn't think about that, I'm not familiar with LC differences but I guess they are mostly related to front end parts. Well maybe somebody can do a walkthrough of LC headlamp removal.
Generally speaking you are right, LC's 100 and LX 470 are based on the same body and frame but there are a fair few cosmetic differences, it's an easy mistake to make.

Over the pond here in the UK and most of the rest of Europe the LX 470 was not as popular or not promoted as much as it was in the US, and is the same for the Diesel motor over the Gas motor, and again, generally speaking, the popularity of the big LC brand wained after the end of the 80 series probably due to the high gas prices and the lefts distaste or should I say hatred of the big 4X4.

Yes, the correct way to remove that screw is to remove some of the bumper fittings and at least allow the bumper to droop slightly, although with an open end spanner I have just about managed to remove that screw as long as it's not to tight, agreed, it's a PITA and is just one of the few things that Toyota designed badly, along with the high level third brake light placement and fitment, but thats another story and is a right Royal PITA.

Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight.

post pics of how it goes m8. i've got a new set of Depos I want to drop in this weekend.
:beer:

Ok, got it done with just loosening up the bumper cover. First, remove the grill. Then, remove the bolt up in the fender well that holds the corner of the bumper (see first pic). Then remove the three trim clips that hold the bumper cover on across the top of the bumper (see second pic where the 3 clips are remove). Use a small screwdriver to pry up the center part of the clip and then it will pop out. In case you break one (or two), I believe the part number is 52161-02020 (yes, I broke 2 in pulling them out). Finally, to get at the last pesky bolt holding the headlight in, you can pull down on the loosened bumper cover enough to get an open end wrench on the bolt to take it out (see third pic).

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom