Need to make a decision soon to either sell, modify or trade my BJ74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was not expecting this much of a response, especially this fast. Thank you for appt eh suggestions and thoughts. I agree with a lot of the sentiment on the bike. I love it but it can definitely be a bit dangerous. Haven't even been able to ride it in a while which adds to the danger when you aren't regularly riding. For an immediate solution I may just remove the front passenger seat as it's always just me and the 2 older kids right now. This will give him plenty of leg room, lol . I hadn't thought a out mounting the rear bench behind the wheel wells, might check this out. A 77 or another 4 door land cruiser would definitely be an option I'm considering but I think I need to start thinking bigger since these kids and there things will only keep getting bigger. I also think I might be over buying cruisers that were never sold in the states. The non availability for even some do the most basic parts was/is getting old quick. I'll take some updates pics an post them hopefully soon. Might even put a classified listing up soon with the good, the bad and the ugly.

I was not expecting this much of a response, especially this fast. Thank you for appt eh suggestions and thoughts. I agree with a lot of the sentiment on the bike. I love it but it can definitely be a bit dangerous. Haven't even been able to ride it in a while which adds to the danger when you aren't regularly riding. For an immediate solution I may just remove the front passenger seat as it's always just me and the 2 older kids right now. This will give him plenty of leg room, lol . I hadn't thought a out mounting the rear bench behind the wheel wells, might check this out. A 77 or another 4 door land cruiser would definitely be an option I'm considering but I think I need to start thinking bigger since these kids and there things will only keep getting bigger. I also think I might be over buying cruisers that were never sold in the states. The non availability for even some do the most basic parts was/is getting old quick. I'll take some updates pics an post them hopefully soon. Might even put a classified listing up soon with the good, the bad and the ugly.

Yep gotta do what’s best for you and the family. I’m really surprised legs are smashed even with the seat forward??? That JDM seat must be closer than I think.

Also, not sure how much you’ve kept active but there are a few vendors That stock a lot of 70 series “Everyday maintenance” and upgrade parts. I feel like everyday there is more availability on non-us parts here in the USA, and if not I can usually get most parts in a feed days or weeks from overseas places.

That said, I get it. Plenty of days i think it would be nice to have a 40 and the availability of stock and aftermarket parts.

Post up some pictures of the beast, might help change peoples thoughts on it.

I think half of them come up for sale stateside for this reason.
Still have issues with 40, 60, and now 80 series that were sold stateside. Hoping the historical program through toyota takes the passion for all these old cruisers to heart and starts to make replicas or new parts on old dies.

I think half of them come up for sale stateside for this reason.
Totally agree.

I'm trying to do a manual conversion on my HZJ77. It's been a massive undertaking, and I do this stuff for a living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom