Need to fill Radio Hole (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The PO of my 1978 FJ40 installed a CB radio in the space that the original AM radio was in. Unfortunately, the CB radio was larger, so he cut out the hole. I am re-installing an original AM radio and need to fill the hole back to its original size with two holes for the tuning and volume knobs. My thought was to get that section from a parting out vehicle and weld it back in place. Can anyone direct to someone that might be willing to ship this piece of the dash? Otherwise can someone suggest other ways to repair the hole and get it back to original shape with the two holes for the knobs? Thanks, JMP

Just an FYI there is only one square that is large enough for the radio to fit in There is two pieces of metal the fold in from the dash that bolted the radio in the side. No holes for the volume and tuning. Getting a piece from a junk one would be what I would try. Might post in the wanted section. I could post a picture of the opening if you like.

Thanks for the quick response. I thought that there were two holes for the tuning and volume knobs. Could you post a picture as you offered? That may be all I need, besides welding some sheetmetal in. Thanks in advance for posting the pics. JMP

Well they make a kit to hold your radio or cb in your glove box. I have my cb in my glove box and a new style radio in the dash. I like having it in the because when you have the top off then is at least is hidden.

Pictures you asked for

Here's some pictures. I forgot there is a bracket on the bottom too.

:cheers:
IMG_2487.jpg
IMG_2489.jpg
IMG_2490.jpg

Ok, I get it. Thanks for the pictures. I think based on this I can go with just a sheet metal patch. I have the kit to put a regular radio/cd/mp3 player in the dash which will be my promary sound system. Thanks again for all the help. JMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom