Need to check rpms in engine bay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BigHighBlue

GOLD Star
Threads
Howdy! In an effort to troubleshoot and dial in the ole 40 I'm looking for the best way to monitor rpms from the engine bay. I've looked at some of the multimeters with induction tach's but those don't seem to get great reviews. I've looked at cheap stand alone induction tach's on amazon but they don't seem to get great reviews either. Can anyone recommend a way to do this or the best product to use? Cheers! :beer::beer:

I use a timing light that shows rpm can just prop it up to view if you're messing with the carb or something.
Awesome, what brand is yours? Nice 40 BTW!
IMG_2715.jpeg

I have my dad's, that he built himself from a Heathkit.
I had to look that up....turns out they still a thing

I have a timing light with tach, also one of those older craftsman engine analyzers and I have also used the induction tach/ hour meters on many things from dirt bikes to boats to cruisers with no issue.
Like this:
Timorn Tachometer for Small Engine,Inductive Hour Meter for 2 Stroke & 4 Stroke Small Engine, Replaceable Battery Waterproof Tachometer for Chainsaw Marine ATV Motorcycle UTV Engine (Black) Amazon product ASIN B0756VGDTC

I have a timing light with tach, also one of those older craftsman engine analyzers and I have also used the induction tach/ hour meters on many things from dirt bikes to boats to cruisers with no issue.
Like this:
Timorn Tachometer for Small Engine,Inductive Hour Meter for 2 Stroke & 4 Stroke Small Engine, Replaceable Battery Waterproof Tachometer for Chainsaw Marine ATV Motorcycle UTV Engine (Black) Amazon product ASIN B0756VGDTC
Thanks so much for the reply!

I had to look that up....turns out they still a thing

Would never have guessed that they are still in business. My dad built several of their kits; a vacuum tube tester, etc.

Would never have guessed that they are still in business. My dad built several of their kits; a vacuum tube tester, etc.
I looked it up also and was stumped until I figured out it was Heathkit not Healthkit :rolleyes:. I'm gonna order the clock and build it with my girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom