NEED SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO NEXT TO MY 100 SERIES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I have a list of mods to do but can't do them all now. Need suggestions on what I should do next. Here are the mods are want to do...so which one first?? Or is there something else I should do first??

Rack (thinking Gobi but open to suggestions)
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Lift
Sliders

IMG_3004.jpg

I'd start with the suspension so it's ready for the extra weight coming later.

I agree with suspension, but that’s because I want to take mine places it probably shouldn’t go ASAP. ;) Then sliders, then front bumper (because the winch should be next). I did do the rack soon on mine because I needed something stronger for my RTT, but I keep the rack removed except for trips to improve mpg and noise.

Edit: ...also, you can fudge a little on the “suspension” and just get torsion bars (to crank up) and rear springs and do the shocks later.

I agree with suspension, but that’s because I want to take mine places it probably shouldn’t go ASAP. ;) Then sliders, then front bumper (because the winch should be next). I did do the rack soon on mine because I needed something stronger for my RTT, but I keep the rack removed except for trips to improve mpg and noise.

Edit: ...also, you can fudge a little on the “suspension” and just get torsion bars (to crank up) and rear springs and do the shocks later.

Do I need to get new torsion bars or just "crank" the current ones? What do you suggest for rear springs?

3:1 Transfer case gears
Front locker
AUX Fuel Tank

@Trunk Monkey is correct: How you intend to use it, greatly determines order of upgrades.

Fill it with gas and go out it wont take long before you figure out what YOU need if anything.

I have driven a 100% stock Land Cruiser/LX a lot of place without issue.

Bolting on a bunch of stuff is not what you NEED at this point.

Do I need to get new torsion bars or just "crank" the current ones? What do you suggest for rear springs?

Waste of a good ride and money IMO changing out T-bars and going to heavy duty springs without adding a ton of weight. If you need to keep it wife approved and want more lift crank the stock T-bars and add 30mm spacer to the rear.

Axel protectors. Silicone body and tcase mounts. rear mount winch, you need to pull yourself OUT of trouble, not into more... Anchor kit for winch.

Figure out your shovel and jack mount points, that will decide your roof rack setup. Do you want a shade too? Extra gas cans? Maybe you want a spare carrier w/ cans, and put the money into oversize tank instead

I started with power mod (exhaust, airbox, chip) when i had daily 100 miles duty for a year, followed by dual batteries and suspension upgrade with lift.

Next went in was the AO flat roof rack to accommodate more and larger stuffs in longer excursions.

When time allow me to venture into the woods had fitted the slider, brush bar, front and rear bar with 12000 lbs winch.

Load got heavier, hence included rear helper airbag and added an adjustable rear Rear Panhard rod and adjustable Rear Trailing arm.

Finally gotten stuck; an excuse to include front and rear lockers and while in there did the ring and pinion (diff ratio).

Recently upgraded to a class 3 tow bar. Prolly the snorkel could be next.

Ok, so I have a list of mods to do but can't do them all now. Need suggestions on what I should do next. Here are the mods are want to do...so which one first?? Or is there something else I should do first??

Rack (thinking Gobi but open to suggestions)
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
Lift
Sliders

View attachment 1611894
Haha roof rack so that parking garage can laugh as it bear hugs the RTT and new rack

Yes, you certainly can crank the factory torsion bars and likely be satisfied until you add more weight. And I added a 1” spring spacer to the back of mine also before I installed the OME 850’s I think. I know they weren’t listed as 100 series springs but I find them comfortable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom