need suggestions on a good overhead small light for my overhead console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up an overhead console from $OR and wondering what is a nice overhead light I can mount to underside of it? Any good small LED or advice on a good small one that has dual lights with switches?

Thanks
Rob

Tap light??

I was thinking about those battery-operated tap lights but i think they are too big for your need.

I am sure there is a LED equivalent out there that is not the size of a frisbee.

Like this rocker switch light?

Courtesy Lighting
Front Speaker 02.jpg

Bsevans,

I like the clean look of your overhead - how do your sun visors fold down? it looks like they are folded up behind the front of the console.

Dan

I used a LED license plate light. I bought mine from Super Bright LEDs – LED Lights, Bulbs, and Accessories. This is what I bought, works pretty good. I mounted mine to the windshield frame above the rearview mirror so that I could still have a dome light when my top is off.

LPC License Plate Lights
LPC-W2: License Plate Light with 2 White High Power SMD LEDs. Waterproof Polycarbonate design - 6.5" long power wires, 20 gauge - Includes chrome plated brass bezel, rubber gasket and 2 stainless steel mounting screws - Current Draw: 0.04Amp (40ma) @ 12 VDC.
LPC-W5: Universal License Plate Light with 5 White narrow beam LEDs mounted at an arc array to spread beam pattern. Mounting holes are 3 1/4" apart - Waterproof with Stainless Steel base and rubber grommet - Current Draw: 0.035Amp (35ma) @ 12VDC

i cant remember what that overhead looks like but what about using flush mount white truck led clearance lights?

Thanks fellas, I think you have given me a wide variety of choices and I appreciate it. i will post up what i do.

R

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...-40-getting-3b-turbo-h55f-19.html#post5644303

The little spot lights are pretty awesome. Plenty bright, but not blinding. And the red light part of them looks to be pretty sweet if you needed to drive at night and your dash lights went out or something.

Dan

Dan,
Those cockpit lights made out of aluminum are the shiznit:bounce::bounce2::bounce: I just started thinking about this issue and the fact that you can get them switchable, in black or brushed aluminum adjustable aimable mounts and the just too dang cool factor, can go either white or red led so as not to blow night vision....Goldang this is the winner for me. Thanks.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom