Need Spring Center Pins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
missionsonwheels.org
SORRY TO POST THIS IN TECH, BUT I FIND MYSELF ON A BIND PNCE AGAIN. I'LL DELETE IT ON MONDAY OR AS SOON AS I FIND SOME (OR IF THE MODS DO IT FIRST :doh: )

Anyone have or have access to 7/16" x 4" spring center pins? Mine have snapped after about a 1/4 turn with the wrench :mad: and the ones I have aren't the right size :censor:

BDS won't sell direct and most every place else is closed.

Thanks,
Mike

closed for the weekend.....hoping get some either on the or here by Monday.......

Picky bastard aint I!

Your avitar freaks me out Mace.....see'n Nolen on the short bus is about too much

but he bellongs there ;)

Cool, Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

Got to think'n (which no don't do much of) that if BDS used some generic grade 2 junk bolt that some grade 8 stuff from the hardware store should be fine. Just rounding the heads off and it's good to go.

Oh, and the "Tech" guys at BDS aren't so good. Told me I needed a 7/16 bolt but it's a 3/8....maybe my springs are old tho....

Thanks again,
Mike

you could make it to denver by tomorrow afternoon...i've got a bunch :grinpimp:

trainrech said:
Mike - definitely check out NAPA. I picked up a replacement and a couple of spares in Emporia last weekend. 3/8" x 4" or something in that range, just cut mine to suit.

Chris
I SO wish we could keep a NAPA store in Wichita!!! Auto Drone and O'Rippley's don't have crap in stock. The on e we did have was in a not-so-good part of down and most folks were affraid to go there. Only place I could get metric hardened bolts. I finally talked the Ace Store into stocking some of it.

I think the value of parts stores has nothing to do with brand, it's a totally local phenomenon (just as Toyota parts departments), O'Reilly's here has one good guy and a woman sales person who knows stuff, Napa has one who is willing to dig deeper, Advance Autoparts is useless, nobody knows or tries anything, Ace has everything, but only if I have time to search long enough (they don't know themselves and it's not in the ordinary places - like grommets in the dining room lights section ???). If I count my hours, the price of some bolts and electrical connectors becomes unobtanium.

actually a stock spring uses 5/16 center pins. there may be aftermaket springs with 3/8 out there. 'bustanutly' is right in that a conventional allen head does well. these are usually gr.8. If you need a taller head, spring shops carry center pin spacers that make running caster shims easier. If you find the time, i recommend drilling out the center pin holes because the 5/16 pin is vulnerable. When we ran 40's in ARCA both our rigs (tracy Jordan and Don Robbins) had leaf springs (the pre buggy years), center pins were a problem. we went to 7/16 and the problems went away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom