Need source 4 throw out bearing 4 1981 BJ44 w/ 2B-3B conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rockaway Beach, NY; but was 14yrs in Saskatoon, CA
I have a RHD 1981 BJ44 which I am converting to a 3B from a 2B.

I stopped driving it as the throw out bearing started screaming something awful.

Is there a source for throw out bearings?

Good news is... the 3B had power steering. I have a LHD assembly for the frame, but the pump for the engine should work L or RHD...

So I guess I need a source for the RHD frame mounted power steering box/bits.

Best,

T

Tobash,

The 2B throw out is the same as the 3B. Also, if you are interested in putting PS on your 44, I'd do the 60/80 series box upgrade. you can get RHD boxes for those rigs so much easier than a RHD 40 series. Also, it gets rid of the push pull steering (no more center arm - Whoo Hooo!) which gets rid of a lot of places for slop to develop. I will have mine ready to go for next summer!.

Can you post up some pics on the 80 P/S when you have installed ...very interested.
X2 on the 3B throw out bearing be carefull when ordering since they seem to differ over the years and models

X2 on the 3B throw out bearing be carefull when ordering since they seem to differ over the years and models

This is why I was hoping for a source.

Best and thanks so far...

Tobash

Also, if you are interested in putting PS on your 44, I'd do the 60/80 series box upgrade. you can get RHD boxes for those rigs so much easier than a RHD 40 series. Also, it gets rid of the push pull steering (no more center arm - Whoo Hooo!) which gets rid of a lot of places for slop to develop. I will have mine ready to go for next summer!.

I eventually need to convert the vehicle to LHD, so right now I would rather just get the RHD unit from a RHD 40 series, knowing that in two to three years I can do the LHD conversion from a 60/80 series as an ultimate goal.

By staying with stock stuff in the short run, it means an easier installation and faster return to service until I do the full frame off restoration with conversiont to LHD.

Any sources you know of for the power RHD unit or a reasonable option for replacement?

Thanks very much,

T

Last edited:
Part number Toyota
90363-45001 for both 44 model with 2B and 42 model with 3B
1982 BJ60 used 45001 then changed to 45002
BJ7* with 3B used 45002

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom