Need some suggestion of dual battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys. I am new here. I just bought my 06 lx470, currently doing an overland build. Planning a trip to Arctic this Christmas.

I have already ordered my suspension kit, delete the adjustable suspension and put the ome shocks, springs, torsion bars with slee diff drop kit and SPC UCA. will be installed this week. As well as my 33 ko2 tires.
Right now I am doing the research about two things. the first one is the roof rack/basket. I don't want those universal ones which are a bit too narrow for the lc100. Then the only choice for me is either arb or make one myself. Any suggestions?
And another question is about the dual battery setup. The battery in my car is almost brand new, I am looking to buy the yellow top battery as the dual battery setup. I have done few researches about the dual battery setup but seems like not many info for the lc100. Should I buy a dual battery kit which includes the indicator of the voltage and an auto link button on it or I can just directly connect the second battery to the first one with a switch?

I like the auto link button approach myself. I'll eventually figure out where I want to put the display. Initially I thought it would be obtrusive but the display goes out except two, sometimes three LED's after a few seconds. When you go dual battery you may want to go with a better alternator.

Thread- Upgraded to dual batteries. Alternator?

Scroll down. There's a link to a 250A alternator... That might be more than you want or need but the sell lower amperage

I like the auto link button approach myself. I'll eventually figure out where I want to put the display. Initially I thought it would be obtrusive but the display goes out except two, sometimes three LED's after a few seconds. When you go dual battery you may want to go with a better alternator.

Thread- Upgraded to dual batteries. Alternator?

Scroll down. There's a link to a 250A alternator... That might be more than you want or need but the sell lower amperage
Thanks Mike, That 270 A alternator need to be ordered to build. I just figured out my recently replaced factory alternator is a 130A. And I am only running one 300 w led bar is it necessary to get a larger alternator?

In my build thread I detail my dual battery setup and my roof rack build, let me know if you have any questions. I went with a yellow top Optima as well...
Thats an amazing build man. I like the style of the rack. The most concern before my building of my own rack is the mount point and mount plate. As the factory rack has only 4 mount point at the rear part of the roof. If you dont mind can you share me some detail pics of the mount point especially the most front one.

Thanks Mike, That 270 A alternator need to be ordered to build. I just figured out my recently replaced factory alternator is a 130A. And I am only running one 300 w led bar is it necessary to get a larger alternator?

It all depends on what you are going to take with you. Add a refrig, air compressor, AC power, etc and it could be an issue. If you're just running lights and not much else probably not. I have noticed that my factor alternator doesn't peak the AGM batteries but I'm not even sure if that's supposed to happen. I'm definitely not an expert. I was just passing on some of the stuff I read when I was doing the dual battery install.

Thats an amazing build man. I like the style of the rack. The most concern before my building of my own rack is the mount point and mount plate. As the factory rack has only 4 mount point at the rear part of the roof. If you dont mind can you share me some detail pics of the mount point especially the most front one.

Your LX will have four rack mounting points per side, for a total of eight mounting points. Some of the mounting points are hidden under the moulding, but they're there. You can buy roof rack towers that support the actual roof rack, an internet search will find the towers. If you d decide to build a rack, be aware that there really isn't a flat surface on the roof of the LX, also the front most mounting points are a little wider than the rear. So bottom line, measure everything twice...

I put a T-max 47-3800 dual battery kit with a 07 Grand Vitara battery tray.
Secondary battery is a optima yellow top
Straight forward install, it comes with all you need.

IMG-20170611-WA0072.jpeg

How about pictures of battery in tray? and where did you mount it? I am looking for options on 2nd battery tray. I do not like the Slee system with compressor mount provisions. I have no plan for compressor and want simple clean 2nd battery install. I can make one, but with rather not re-invent the wheel if there already is an option from using the Slee system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom