Need some learnin on a 4.8 vortec and Advanced Adapters Range Torque splitter, 83' FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friend is fire sale'n his projects due to a unfortunate divorce.
He offered me a great deal on a 1983 FJ60 that I have watched get stripped down to bare metal, primed, and painted.
He has a 4.8 vortec engine mounted to a Advanced Adapter Range Torque splitter, rebuilt 4speed with rebuilt transfer case bolted into the truck.
He mentioned that the ecu is programmed for an older vehicle and the alarm is disabled(IDK)
This is over my head at the moment as far as a project goes but seems to good to pass up.
He has the carpet kit, reupholstered interior, sliding rear windows and a bunch of other goodies just waiting.
My biggest hang up is the electrical... He did say that the wiring harness for the drive line is plug and play but the dash is out of the rig and all that needs to be wired up.
Are there any builds that may run parallel to what he has going that I can read through.

BTW I'll register this in Nevada or do a sideways smog in Cali.

I do, but I didn’t document well. There is a thread if you search my user id but no one commented so it’s buried somewhere.

If the driveline harness is set up already you should only need a constant 12v for the pcm, a key on 12v for the relays, and a starter signal wire to the starter solenoid to make it run
Here’s the site I used for a lot of the info I needed and my pcm programming:

Feel free to DM me if you have questions.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I’ll check it out when I get to my computer. Would you do anything different if you were able to?
The deal is kida too good to pass up so I’m going to probably pick it up this week.

I do, but I didn’t document well. There is a thread if you search my user id but no one commented so it’s buried somewhere.

If the driveline harness is set up already you should only need a constant 12v for the pcm, a key on 12v for the relays, and a starter signal wire to the starter solenoid to make it run
Here’s the site I used for a lot of the info I needed and my pcm programming:

Feel free to DM me if you have questions.

BC14B2B1-7A37-49B4-B7E5-F4D7DBCEE3F3.jpeg

639BC9C2-3188-43D6-9826-54613A41BB21.jpeg

Where is the shift tower coming up and how far back from the rad or forward of the firewall is the motor. I found that to keep the trans, etc in the stock locations the motor ended up very far forward and low. I had to run electric fans for the space.

Where is the shift tower coming up and how far back from the rad or forward of the firewall is the motor. I found that to keep the trans, etc in the stock locations the motor ended up very far forward and low. I had to run electric fans for the space.
I’ll check measurements when I see the vehicle next.
Spoke to my buddy this morning and he said he went this route partially to keep the trans in the stock location.

Yeah, me too. It does raise other issues though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom