Need Some Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.i-solunar.com
Need some help from some of the savvier electrical guys here.

About three months ago my speedo alarm went bat-$hit and started alarming constantly... turn on the ignition and away she wailed. I promptly disconnected the alarm. But about this time I blew the top fuse in the box... the 15A tail fuse. Tail lights are out. Brake lights and reverse lights are still fine. Not sure if these two events are connected. I replaced the fuse and more or less the instant I pull on my headlights the fuse blows...

Starting to annoy me. Any thoughts or suggestions on what the problem might be and how I might fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Its always an earth problem unitl proven otherwise.Do a close inspection of the tail lights for for bad earth/rust/loose wires

Redsnake,

What model and what year is your truck?

Rudi

Sounds like he may have a BJ41 or 44 by his mention of the speed alarm that's a JDM thing.
I would lean towards the ground wire but not sure what fuse that buzzer shares so I cant say if it is related with your brake lights but usually when a ground is the issue all sort of things pop up.

It's an 81 BJ44. Will check the wiring for loose impediments. Feel free to keep the ideas coming

image-883642672.jpg

When the rear right side light stopped on my hj I first replaced the bulb and then some hours of fun started :mad: >>> :bang: >>> :censor:
(later I saw the license plate light was also defect)
I tested were the power was missing and the connection to the rear was perfect.

Finally I removed all the tape and stuff in the rear (also the extra wires for towing connection) and some wires were broken.
So it was a complete teardown and reconnect and replace. Now it works, everything taped in and waterproof.
My brother helped and we first started labeling all the wires (break, turnsignal, fog, license, rear driving light, normal lights)

file.php

Last edited:
Any chance you have a trailer light plug on the 44 it may be your culprit I have had to redo many hack jobs ,|I just pulled one off a mini truck that was giving us issues as soon as I removed the plug and harness everything worked as it should.

Fuses going sounds like short circuit to me. I would bet money on corrosion, broken connection or something rubbing away the insolation exposing the wire and causing a short. I wish I had a better solution for you then to trace back each connection and wire to find the short. I don't know much about the electrics of your rig but that's where I would start looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom