Need some help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm building an electric FJ45. Okay, laugh all you want. But, I have to join two electric motors together, I assume the vendor would supply a way to connect them, since they sold me both the motors, but they are punting. So, I need help mating two 1 1/8" shafts (with keyway) together. I have no idea about this kind of thing. I don't know if I can use rigid or need flexible or any other considerations I need to consider. The are about 120hp each with a lot of torque. I saw McMaster Carr has a lot of options, but I had no idea which one would be appropriate. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

I would think you'd want a cushion drive like the ones Lovejoy makes but that's just an assumption based on similar equipment I've seen. Lots of people doing electric conversions in Northern California, should be pretty easy find an expert albeit not likely one in this community. I have an acquaintance putting a Tesla motor into a vintage mini, will ask if I see him.

Ya, the local EV community is crazier than the rock crawling community.

OK you got my interest ? Good Luck ! First EV at KOH this year` was Toyota mini He finished Every man challenge !
Let us see more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom