Need some help kids (Lifting a Tundra) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
My good friend from HS picked up a 2011 Tundra. He is currently living in Bend but moving back down here in May.

He wants to lift it about 2-3" to put some 35" under it (no bro-ho lift, just enough to fit). There seems to be a brazillion options for lift kits for these Tundra/Sequoia's. He also has 17' travel trailer, light but airbags??

Thoughts on what to help recommend?

IMG_0090.JPG

Make sure its something that doesn't make the rack and pinion harder to access.
Afaik these lifts are basically the same as any 96+ strut front. So trust reputable parts.

In my brief reading sounds like you need to do some quick notching or cutting to get the 35"'s under there or some wheels with different backspacing despite the lift.

Is this for Ryan?

@mr jits is running 35's on his Tundra and it looks perfect. Nice and low. Maybe he will chime in on what he did.
I think the wife's is running a 3/2 leveling lift (https://www.amazon.com/Readylift-69-5276-ReadyLift-Lift-Kit/dp/B00IOYRFO8/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1521499377&vehicle=2016-76-1033-13-130--6----8-1--299-7-0&sr=1-2&ymm=2016:toyota:tundra&keywords=readylift&dpID=51ehSXjOy9L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch). I can't remember the bs of the wheels on her truck (level 8's), but the factory wheels have too much back spacing for the tires. There's a picture of it in the photo thread.
You will need to trim the stock skid plate, but it wasn't much.

Last edited:
That's purrrect! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom