Need Some Guidance - Selling Father's Truck (2002 Land Cruiser w/ 77,000 miles) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Everyone -

I'm VERY new to these forums - but my father (technically father-in-law) is retiring and has decided to sell his garage queen.

He drives about 3-4 times a month and it's only to go to church. The truck is in great condition and all original.

It's a 2002 Land Cruiser with 77,1xx miles. He is the second owner and has owned it since 2003 or 2004 I believe. He has 2 other cars that he uses for normal driving and this was truly his "gem" that sits in the garage and gets used to haul the family to church or special events.

It's never been in an accident and has no damage - I'm about to pull a carfax on it, but what do the forum experts recommend to sell it and how much does something like this go for?

The car is in South Florida and I'm uploading images right now so I can share these if it helps anyone.

Thanks again - and I'm really just looking for some guidance. I live on the BMW forums so this is not my realm of auto :p

Keep it.

Or
Post it up on doug demuros site or bring a trailer. However, the don't get immediately approved and listed.

Or post it up on here for sale.

$30k or so. I don't know, I'm not someone who values low mileage in a land cruiser. More maintenance, mods, and if it's a cruiser head that owns it.

Put it up on carsandbids or bringatrailer. You’ll likely get top dollar if you can take enough photos and give a strong narrative about its history (especially if you have maintenance records).

Keep it.

Or
Post it up on doug demuros site or bring a trailer. However, the don't get immediately approved and listed.

Or post it up on here for sale.

$30k or so. I don't know, I'm not someone who values low mileage in a land cruiser. More maintenance, mods, and if it's a cruiser head that owns it.
Thanks for the super quick response!

He's definitely not a cruiser head - just an older man who has owned it for quite some time. I was just looking at BAT but I'm unsure how it works (reserve pricing, how they pay, fees, etc) but I'll look into it this weekend.

I'll check out Doug's site as I didn't even know he had one!

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

IMG_7697.jpg

IMG_7699.jpg

IMG_7702.jpg

Thanks for the super quick response!

He's definitely not a cruiser head - just an older man who has owned it for quite some time. I was just looking at BAT but I'm unsure how it works (reserve pricing, how they pay, fees, etc) but I'll look into it this weekend.

I'll check out Doug's site as I didn't even know he had one!
  • Sellers pay a $99 listing fee, with the option to add our Plus photo service for an additional $250. There are no other seller fees on BaT.

Low mileage truck like that will bring HIGH bids on BAT as long as it has a clean carfax, more if maintenance records are available and even more if there is little or no rust. I agree that that is your best option. Could reach $30K+.

I also second the decision to keep it or buy it from your father in law. That's a keeper truck!

I would keep it, these are becoming very hard to find in this condition. Good luck with whatever you do.

Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to reach out and share my appreciation for all of the support, love and help over the past months. I received about a dozen PM's from people locally to across the nation giving me suggestions and also inquiring about the truck.

We've decided to put the garage queen on BringATrailer and it's officially live. My pops is turning 70 soon so as he looks retirement in the face - he thought it was the right move.

Thank you again for all the help and if anyone wants to take a better look at the truck - I had a photographer shoot the car for a few hours. Much better than the horrible photos I listed before LOL

My father is logged into the auction and it working to address and answer all questions in real-time so this should be quite fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom