Need Some Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, ive been making changes since i got my FJ62 and i always kept the parts i took off, because you never know. Well one of the parts i took off was the rocker chrome trim, i never was a fan of chrome anyway. Well i was browsing through classifieds and i never realized how sought after those were. I also have the back air blower that i took out, and the old power antenna that still works just needs a new antenna.

So my question is, should i sell these? i mean i wouldn't mind having some money but honestly i am afraid ill want to put them back on later, or regret selling them now when they might be worth more in the future. I've just never had a vehicle where the parts i take off are worth anything. So i am looking for some advice, feel free to give me your criticism if you think i am being dumb for wanting to hold onto parts i probably wont ever use.

If you can afford to hold them (space and money-wise), then do it. Just adds re-sale value to the truck.
I mean i can afford it, its just like the extra cash would be nice being a broke college kid. As for re-sale value, im not sure id ever sell it. It was kinda gifted to me because of some issues it had, and id just feel wrong about selling it. Thats also part of why i feel bad about making money off of parts from it.

I hang onto everything useful that comes off, because you never know when it may come in handy.
There's always more money, but parts for old trucks like these are a very limited thing....

I hang onto everything useful that comes off, because you never know when it may come in handy.
There's always more money, but parts for old trucks like these are a very limited thing....
Your probably right, thats why im keeping the antenna switch to eventually use it for a different purpose. Maybe i can mount the fan somewhere to provide extra heat for the front or something.

Marie Kondo that stuff.

I mean realistically, we all have lots of parts. I think many people over value their used parts. There are a few that hold value, like the rocker trim.

Personally I'd sell it and reinvest in more parts.

I'm pretty sure I threw my rocker trim away. At least you're a step ahead of me by knowing that it's actually worth something :lol:

I'm pretty sure I threw my rocker trim away. At least you're a step ahead of me by knowing that it's actually worth something :lol:
Honestly i forgot about them, but i bed lined the lower half and thought "hmm what are these holes for" and then remembered. They actually look better now on, but im almost to afraid to put them on in case they fall off like the rest of my trim.

Welcome to cruiser ownership. This thread epitomizes how we feel about our trucks. No one hangs onto parts for their 1986 Corolla "just in case," even parts that are NLA.

I horde parts, but recognize I'm doing it. And in my defense it increases the resell-ability of the truck.

As if I'm ever going to sell it......

OP: practically speaking if you're not going to use the parts or someday sell the truck, you should sell them. Let someone who will use them put them to work and you can reinvest in parts you want/will use.

That's my $.02.

Never get rid of parts you've unbolted from your cruiser if you've got some place to store them and you don't have a replacement

Only things I've thrown away off my 62, were the flat springs. Everything else went into storage.

If you have space keep them

if it’s basically a stock truck and you plan on keeping it that way keep them for sure. if you’re doing all sorts of mods and swaps etc then they’ll add nothing for resale. your work and mods will either speak for or against the truck in that regard. if your on the fence though and have room then keeping them isn’t a bad thing. OEM parts will almost always hold their value over most aftermarket reproduction stuff so even if these parts come back to market in an aftermarket form you won’t loose anything

Or if it's the one in his avatar, I see no reason why he'd ever put them on again.
Well ive put it on, and it actually doesn't look bad. I just dont want them to fall off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom