Need some advice on tires! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since this thread is in play, I'm in a similar position as OP...playing the tire debate and considering KO2s or wildpeaks. 285/70-17 is top choice although @radman is nudging me towards 285/75... he might win out.

Question for mud, the 10ply E rated wildpeaks are 5lbs lighter than then 6ply C rated wildpeaks - doesn't quite track (59 vs 64lbs). The KO2s are 51 lbs for the C rated tire. 13lbs sounds like a hefty margin for unsprung weight (acceleration, etc...)

Will I regret the E rated 10ply from a ride comfort perspective?
Given the HP of an LC200 I highly doubt a 10ply will move the needle. I'm on 6 ply Coopers and zero diff in feel from stock. E rated 285/65R17

For anyone interested… even with the 1.25” spacer the driver side tire runs against the KDSS. Hopefully an alignment will solve the problem. I think when they did my post suspension alignment they maxed out the castor … 285/70 might be the way to go lol

For anyone interested… even with the 1.25” spacer the driver side tire runs against the KDSS. Hopefully an alignment will solve the problem. I think when they did my post suspension alignment they maxed out the castor … 285/70 might be the way to go lol
Is this with the stock wheels (18x8 60mm offset) and 1.25" spacer? This translates to a 28mm offset. I keep eyeing LT285/70R18 on some 25mm wheels but dont want to end up with more rubbing on the kdss.

I have rock warriors
Interesting. With the 50mm off set of the rockwarriors you are around 18mm and still rubbing. I would have thought the lower offset would have provided more clearance. Any pics you can share showing where you are rubbing.

You can remove that front flap for sure. Unless the lift is helping (looks like it does), you are probably rubbing on the rear (of front tire) flap as well. I can’t help with KDSS, I don’t have one of those. Basically for front and rear flaps, you should be able to follow what LX guys are doing for 34-35” tires, then just figure out your kdss.
Having front rubbing as well. What are the LX guys doing?

Edit: Found this post, for future reference.

Last edited:

Yep. It seems kind of confusing when reading/looking at pictures on MUD, but once you are under the truck, it all makes sense. Took me about 1 hour to do both sides, and I was being finicky. If I had to do it again, it would probably take half that much time.

Yep, relocate z-clip and push whole liner forward. Works like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom