1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice on the heating core

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by matt5783, Aug 14, 2006.

1. matt5783

matt5783

hey hows it going im in a bit of a pickle and need some advice from ih8mud readers. i own a 84 fj60 and the heater core is leaking down the drivers side carpet. so i bypassed the core and drove it for a couple months .now its time to fix it so i go to nappa and they tell me that this 84 fj60 heater core is not being made any more and that theve checked the specks and a nissan heater core will fit in its place and is also avalable for 77.00 but the nissan heater core is half an inch smaller in the length but ,nappa man says (this should not be a factor.) i was wondering what to do. should i use the nissan heater core and hope it works or go to spector or man-a fre and pay two hundred or three hundred for the right one does any one no of a place to find a new one onder the two hundrerd price?

2. Weaver

Weaver

i dunno, i could see a slightly different shape fitting but, our cars have hard lines on the top that weasle around a few things and exit out the other side of the firewall. it might make you get creative with this nissan one.

my advice: take out your heater core (since you have to anyways) and bring it to a radiator shop. have them fix your leak, pressure test it, flush it out, its really inexpensive and you'll be good to go.

3. Labsnducks

Labsnducks

4. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

For the amount of work required to replace that thing, I'd be sure to install the right one the first time.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">