Need some advice on a 80 I found- (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was a northern truck and the entire undercarriage is sprayed. Under the spray there is dirt in some places, and rust in some places. I just can’t tell if it’s bad enough to walk away. The weld joints I’ve checked seem fine, and the bolts I’ve backed out aren’t rusted. There is definitely rust on the fuel tank shroud, and in other places.

I’m pretty new to looking at these, advice is welcomed.
D51DB84A-E3A5-476B-8723-0CB15A66832F.jpeg
5F5AF0CA-4BB6-4404-9E8C-A36F6562DF9D.jpeg
E7C08F3B-EEF8-4B8A-BFD8-8F51461A1DDA.jpeg

Definately scares me to see what someone else decided to cover up... or did they cover it before the damage began???? I would specifically look under the air cleaner front center bolt to fender, the rear seatbelt bolt spot on the inside of rear fender well, then in the rear quarters and in the rocker panels. If those are rusty, run away.

Yea skip it man that's way too high considering how many great 80's we have here in Atlanta with ZERO rust. I like to brag about how little I paid for mine. *under $6k

I wouldn't pay $13k for ANY 80, let alone one with rust.

I can't comment on the price considering we have 3 pictures of flaking rust protection and nothing else, but those pictures don't really say how much rust there is or isn't.
People spray trucks all the time as precaution. What's the carfax history like?

Yeah cant comment on the price since we have no clue what's done to it. Looks like it has some 33'' MT's with at least an OME stabilizer....

Post up some exterior shots and more info on the truck (miles, lockers,etc...)

But So far im with Bencallaway. double digit 80's are usually very clean and rust free with lockers and a few nice mods.

Yeah for 13k I’d want something thats not hiding the frame and whole trans with nasty undercoating. Lame

I got one for 3500 that still has factory paint on the frame, not even a speck of surface rust. Keep looking for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom