Need seatbelt system for a modified FJ40 with cage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have restored a 74' FJ40 inside and out. I sold off the original interior and want to put a newer setup inside. I am running new Honda Civic buckets which are welded to the ten pt rollcage.

What kind of seatbelts can be bolted to a rollcage (above the shoulder and below the inside hip area) and will work in a FJ40? I am running 4 pt harnesses for offroad driving. Again the seats are welded to the cage. I need a seatbelt with a roller system above the shoulder that is sealed in a black plastic case. The kind I can't use is the seatbelt that is built into the door pillar area without a case to keep dirt and mud out.

Anyone know which trucks or vehicles had this kind of system that I can find in a junkyard? I walked five rows in the junkyard today with no luck.

thanks

Hmmm...my 84 mini truck might work...I'll go out into the frigid night air in a few and report back.

Nope...they are inside a panel...I musta been smokin something before.

Why not just run RCI/Corbeau aftermarket 2" belts? They use the same buckle as a normal car, are 4-point for greater offroad safety, and quite comfortable. No retractable junk to screw with. I've had my RCI's for 6-7 years with no complaints.

Also, I believe Corbeau has a 3-point retractable version...

For junkyard doners, see if there are any MG's out there....also check some of the 70's Toyota cars...IIRC, those have an "external" retract mechanism

If I knew what your name was I'd use it to address this!
I drive a '74-40 and didn't feel safe with the lap only set up, so I went yarding, and came across a nice set in a mid '80's Audi, bolted right in, and work great. Earl

Thanks Earl, Woody,and Todd for all the help.

I'll try a few more yards and then just buy new.

Aaron Riddle

1974 FJ40 (mine)
1997 Anniversary Edition (wife's)
2002 Ford Windstar Daily Driver (company car)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom