1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Recommendations for Alignment Shop

Discussion in 'AR- Razorback Land Cruisers' started by TheForger, Jul 31, 2017.

1. TheForger

TheForger

So I recently got new SPC adjustable upper control arms and Bobby at the Cruiser Co. has been installing them as well as many other parts over the past few weeks. I am leaving Friday early am for a 2wk Colorado trip and now I am in a frantic time crunch to get an alignment before I go. I have called around to several different shops (Allen Bros., Goodyear, Hurns, All About Tire & Brake) and they all either tell me they do not touch aftermarket UCA's, or that they're all booked up for the next 3 days. My question is: does anyone have other recommendations for alignment shops? Preferably from those who have aftermarket UCA's and have gotten them aligned before. I can check their availability myself, I'm just trying to find reputable shops that will get me in and out at this point. Thanks in advance!

2. YotaJosh

YotaJosh SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Try Austin Brothers, Discount Tire, and maybe even Firestone.

3. TheForger

TheForger

Thanks @YotaJosh that was a spelling error on my part I meant Austin Bros not Allen Bros. I called Discount Brake & Tire on Kanis across from the Uhaul station and they're going to fit me in and they said to just bring the alignment sheet with me. Thank you very much!

I feel like I may have gotten in over my head with these adjustable UCA's. What's the point of having them if no one around is knowledgeable or willing enough to work on them? I've called all the shops I listed in my original post as well as Logan's Alignment & Brake and Cross Tire Pros (that's 6 shops total) and they have all declined my business. Granted, the lady at Hurn's told me that Mr. Hurn has been working there for 45yrs and is yet to be surprised by anything that has come in, but that they were booked up until Friday afternoon which didn't work for me. I'm hoping to get it all sorted out tomorrow morning and hopefully I won't need to change the star plate position.

4. Tireguy87

Tireguy87 SILVER Star

You try Donnie's Foreign Car? Not sure if he even has an alignment rack but I know they've worked on some modified late model cruisers.

5. TheForger

TheForger

I believe I got it all sorted out thanks everyone! It's getting a flat bed ride in the morning to Discount Tire & Brake on Kanis for an alignment and new brake pads front & rear.