Need recommendations for a front winch bumper and sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
The Pickup is slowly being resurrected. I've done all I can - doesn't take much skill to wear out a couple wire wheels, sand, prime paint... But once the body shop works their magic, I've GOT to protect those rockers. The truck will see light to moderate wheeling (2" lift, 33s) so some protection and a step would be ideal. For the bumper, something light - but not tube - that has room for a 9500 lb winch.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Check Marlin's site yet?

I installed an ARB front bumper with a Warn 8k winch on my 1994 Pickup. Absolutely loved the way it looked and it was seriously well made. It wasn't extremely heavy, but it wasn't light either, but I knew it was going to protect my rig. I was able to lift it up by myself even with the winch on, so that's something to think about too.

wqrcr9.jpg

I've heard good things about the AllPro sliders too. I was going to put them on my Toyota before I sold it.

Check Marlin's site yet?
I did. They (and AllPro) have good slider options, but only have tube bumpers.

Thanks guys.

Hmmm... My first thought on the Northwest Trail bumper was that it's kinda ugly - that the front plate needs some detail, e.g. more/bigger cut-outs for lights or winch access... then saw it was a kit. That makes it a lot easier to modify. Could be a candidate.

Any idea why the vast majority of bumpers for the early Pickups were tube bumpers? I haven't seen another truck - Jeep, Toyota, etc - like this - where 95% of the options are tube.

As far as I'm concerned the best bumper made was by Front Range. Sadly, it's disco'd.

20181221_102143-sm.jpg

WTF!? Not for solid axle trucks? Nice bumper, otherwise.

Nothing a plasma cutter couldn't fix...:hmm:

But still cutting up a brand new bumper like that would almost be morally unacceptable....almost..

Define "light". ARB is about 90 lbs. I have one on my 62 and would get another for a 2nd gen or older Toyota truck.

Define "light". ARB is about 90 lbs.

It's hard to quantify - it's more of a scale thing. I like the ARB, but would prefer it without the brush guard. That Front Range bumper is great.

If I could talk Ben at Dissent Offroad into making his bumper for the old trucks, that'd be ideal. He's got awesome bumpers and roof racks for the new trucks, e.g. Tacomas, 100s, 200s, GXs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom